News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SV650s tire consumption????

Started by x2468, October 13, 2005, 09:12:29 PM

Speedballer347

QuoteI don't remember Loudon to be terribly destructive to tires.  Speedballer has a thought that an SV trashes front, but the SV he raced "didn't have brakes" which is kind of uncommon...I though he had suspension issues from this far away, and this further reinforces that question.

Nahhh, the SV handles OK.
Ohlins rear, Racetech front.  Front/rear free/rider sags are dead-nuts. Mitch Stien geometry numbers.  Bike isn't dialed in for bumps (not my bike), but handles great on smooth ala: Putnam.
Needs a hair more compression in the rear, and a little more compression and hair less rebound (oil wt) in the front.  Can only tell when hitting dips/bumps.

Brakes were horrible from the get go.  Lines, pads (Vesrah, EBC-HH kit, OEM, SBS, Ferrodo), new master cylinder, HORRIBLE.  Changes in geometry, suspension (OEM vs race) did nothing w/ the brakes.

Funny, cause I rode an 05/SV yesterday w/ OEM brakes and they worked great.  So I dunno.
When we switched to GSXR calipers the brake prob was fixed.

Was running the new Mich's at Putnam.  Stuck real good and very predictable.  Both ends skated/slid in harmony all the way through the turns....rear predictably slid on exit.

Front and rears wore out at the same time by the end of the day.  
Usually my (600/750/1000) rear starts to go a little before my front, so I attributed the perfectly even wear to carrying the more neccassary entrance/cornering speed of the SV, and less punch on exit.

SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW but fun bike to ride.  Taught me a lot, real fast!

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing