News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Your worst crash?

Started by Speedballer347, October 10, 2005, 07:32:48 PM

Speedballer347

Post them up!  8)

Mine was tumbling at 90, broke both ankles and wrist, before I smartened up and went limp  ;D
Felt like I was being beaten with boat oars for an eternity.
When I stopped my body was humming like I was being hammered w/ cattle-prods :'(  Had to crawl away from the track :P

Most spectacular was at T7 Gateway....I didnt get to enjoy it as I was asleep.

Lets hear some good stories!  Pix, even better!
 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Xian_13

Highside, turn 1... RA

Not sure what happened.
Rear wheel walked out like I was on ice, before I could even realize what was going on...
I was flicked like a bugger.

Sky, pavement, sky, pavement... (it goes on like that for awhile)
After math, I have hit my head atleast 7 differant times (based off of marks on the helmets).
Once I finally came to rest in the pee gravel, I just got up and enjoyed the "star" show.

You like pictures?
Well I hopped on my buddies bike shortly after that...
I present you with the back cover of the '05 Slider calander. ;D

XIII

In the end, K3 helped me by talking me out of getting on the bike again...
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Thingy

My worst one would probably be when I went straight instead of turning at the dogleg before 7 at blackhawk.  I didn't hit the brakes until I was in the grass and by then it was obviously too late.  Cracked ribs and a compressed vertbrea was the end result.  When the cornerworker finally got to me in the waist high weeds, he said that he didn't even know where to start looking for me because I was so far off the track.  To quote a shirt that I have, "All I remember was ground.. sky.. ground.. sky.. ground.. sky.. Medivac."

The only other bad crash that I have had was at the last Blackhawk.  I broke my heel, ankle (into multiple pieces), and top of my tibia.  But that wasn't really a bad crash.  I just landed wrong.  ;D

I have seen a lot better crashes out there.  I am sure that somebody will chime in.

Oh, and Xian, can I see her thong through those thin white pants?  Nice...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Speedballer347

QuoteSky, pavement, sky, pavement... (it goes on like that for awhile)
YUP!  ;D

QuoteYou like pictures?

I present you with the back cover of the '05 Slider calander. ;D

Post it up!  8)

QuoteIn the end, K3 helped me by talking me out of getting on the bike again...

K3 is seXXXy   :o :o :o :o
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Xian_13

CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Speedballer347

I thought you were gonna save it in this one ;D

Nice sequence  8)

PJ

Highside in T5 during WERA 24-Hours of Willow in 2000. Closed head injury. Broken collarbone. 4 broken ribs. Punctured lung. First thing I remember is looking up at the roof of a moving ambulance strapped to a backboard.

EMT: "Do you know where you are? Do you know what day it is?"

Me: "Ah, no...um...at a racetrack? On a Sunday?"

EMT: "You're on the way to Antelope Valley Hospital. It's Saturday."

Me: "Where's Antelope Valley?"

EMT: "You were racing at Willow Springs."

Me: "But I live in Milwaukee. Did I move to California?"

Sadly, I had not moved to California. But I did live in the Antelope Valley ICU for 4 days...
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

boo181

T9 at MAM last year('04) on sat. in middleweight supersport. went into it just like every other lap all weekend, but this time i was missing a front break lever...and i didn't know that! needless to say i didn't get slowed down enough to make it. and if anyone else remebers that weekend, it was really wet off the track. went off and the front wheel just stuck in the mud. i then proceeded to do several cartwheels 2-3 before i realized what was going on and finally let go of the bike.

oh yeah that was my 3rd wreck of the day ;D

DanO966

Hmmm worst crash I'd have to say it was on the street for me.  I was doing a simple stand up wheelie.  My buddy was riding next to me for light (it was dark out).  It was a 4 lane road (2 north and 2 south)  we came up on two cars (this part has really nothing to do with the crash but the 2 off duty cops is just my luck) doing the same speed so I was feeling kinda sassy so I passed them on the shoulder while still in the wheelie. Got back into my lane and I used my turn signals.   So I go over the hill down the hill well the road comes up to a stop light which was about a ¼ mile away I figure I better set this wheelie down cuz we were coming up on traffic and whatnot.  So I set it down, well my r6 had a different idea, it really didn't want me on it anymore...lol  I bust into a tank slapper, which isn't really a big deal cuz my bikes have tank slappers all the time.  This is what I remember....."wow this thing is really slapping oh I got it, wow that was close" then the next thing I remember is waking up in the Ambulance.  I tank slapped so bad where my bike left skid marks (which looked like a car spun out) on the road.  Well I held on until the end, the bike pulled me down and pile drove my head into the ground at about 90mph or so.  I cracked my RX7RR4 and knocked me the f-k out... Thank god there was no curb or guard rail...I pitched it right at the edge of the shoulder and went tumbling thru the ditch (as did the bike)...the only road rash I had was on the top of my right hand cuz I was holding onto the clip ons so hard...lol.  (keep in mind I was fully geared up....lol I had my helmet on, shorts and a sweatshirt without gloves) but I had a severe concussion and tore tendons in my left had.  But other than that I was okay.  But I would not be here today if I didn't have my helmet on without a doubt!!  Well the cops that I passed actually keep us out of jail...lol you gotta ask Jeremy Bentz (aka fatkid or jeremy271).  Algonquin PD which were the first cops to show up, good thing we were  about 750 feet out of their jurisdiction, they wanted to hang us all ...lol  county showed up and from what I hear actually told the Algonquin popo to get lost it's not their jurisdiction.  The off duty cops in the car that I passed were pretty impressed not really from the wheelie but from me using my turn signal while still in the wheelie persuaded the county cops to not write anyone.  Plus I guess the arresting officer thought that I thrashed my bike bad enough which would cost me plenty..lol  But I do have to say the off duty cops and the arresting officers were very cool cuz they showed up later that night to the ER to make sure I was okay...
As the saying goes....crashing sucks!!!

Now we gotta get Jeremy (aka fatkid or jeremy271) to tell how to took out about 8 trees with his rib cage....lol
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Woofentino Pugrossi

If cars count....

;D Cartwheeled (not just rolled over but CARTWHEELED nose over rear) a car at Riverside International Raceway in 88 during practice. No broken bones or serious injuries, but had some serious bruises from the SImpson 5pt harness. ;D I had a video of it. Car was probably 15' above the grass. Cleared teh armco and landed on the hill outside of T7. Motor & transaxle assembly came out, lost a front wheel, both front fenders and 1 rear fender, pass door, bonnet and boot lids came off.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

I've been really lucky so far.  I've had dozens of yard sale crashes and cubic sh1tloads of pain, but no really major injuries.  I got knocked out at Gateway once and brused a kidney, and I've dislocated a shoulder or five, but that's been about the extent of my injuries.
There's a pretty spectacular crash discripition or two in HIGHSIDE!  ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

last year, Friday practice at BHF.  tucked the front in T4 and went head-first into the tire wall.  Spectators said I was still in the air when I hit the tire wall.

I hit so hard I thought I hit the bike.  I laid there wondering if I broke my neck or not.  It was a pretty frightening time...  

Compressed C4-5 vertabra in my neck.  It sucked...

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest