News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

More ??s on multiple races

Started by Decreasing_Dave, December 13, 2002, 10:04:02 PM

Decreasing_Dave

I ran 5 races for my first 2 race weekends.  I wasn't overly tired after doing so (I'm no Superman, just in relatively good shape).  I'm contemplating running more per weekend.  Like Doofy, I dream about the possibility of Amature Champ, at least for my region (I did pretty well in my second ever weekend).

Those of you who have run 5 or more races?

1.  Are you running multiple bikes?

2.  If not, is your bike taking noticably more abuse?

3.  Have you had to do back to back races without a break, like GTO/GTU?

I've looked at a couple of the top runners in my region (Southwest).  They were running 8 races per weekend.  Including both GT races.  At 30 minutes each, I question my sanity in contiplating that manuver.

Thanks for all of your input.
D. Dave 8)

Gixxer124

There are several riders in the Mid-West, Great Lakes and Great Plains regions that run that many classes. Yes, alot of them run multiple bikes and yes they run back to back GTU and GTO races among others. :o Some of them have a  600, 750 and 1000. Most of these riders hit every event on the schedule. Sounds pretty expensive to me! Doing 3 races in one day about kills me! But I'm old. ;D

r6_philly

here in Mid-Atlantic, top amatuers this year has been running 4-9 races per weekend, including GTO, GTU, MWGP on Sat, ULSS, HWSS, HWSB, MWSS, MWSB, ULGP, most of us all on 600's. Single bike, multiple races. Unless you are a crasher you really only get tired. 600's are easy on tires (compare to big bikes) and 1 fresh set can last 1 weekend (or 2 rears depends on your style and set up).

I found it is easy to do 9 races at Summit. VIR kills me and I do 7 races (without the GT races), because my arm gets sore and hurt all the spring races. It is kind of fun because you will always be doing something, resting from a race, or getting ready, you will never have idle time :)

The limiting factor is my wallet. I don't want to spend $300 traveling cost/gate fees/food to race 2-3 times. I would leave the track unsatisfied. Once I left early in the afternoon when my buddies still on track for HWSB and I decided I will run more races.

Next season I think I will do 1 GT and 5 sprints. 2 on sat and 4 on sun.

If an overall championship is within reach, I will run all 9 classes :D