News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How many races per weekend??

Started by Decreasing_Dave, December 13, 2002, 06:37:31 AM

jgf

so how many races can i run on a gsxr750? ???

Gixxer124

Quoteso how many races can i run on a gsxr750? ???

HW Supersport
HW Superbike
GTO
ULGP
UL Supersport
F40 (If your old enough)
HWSportsman (If your bikes old enough)

Did I miss anything? (Yes I did.)

jgf

QuoteHW Supersport
HW Superbike
GTO
ULGP (expert only)
F40 (If your old enough)
HWSportsman (If your bikes old enough)

Did I miss anything?

so 3 races. im no expert,im not old,nor is my bike.
cool!

FUBAR606

ULGP is expert only in 2003????

Or is that a regional thing?

KBOlsen

Don't forget Unlimited SuperSport...

What happened to AM ULGP????  Jim, unless they got rid of this, you should be able to run in 5 classes.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Decreasing_Dave

To my knowledge, they still have, or at least HAD, the AM ULGP.  The GSXR750 is eligible. ;D

Gixxer124

My bad. I was looking in a 2001 rulebook. :-[
You can run in ULGP and UL Supersport  as an amateur. (I ran in one of those at Hallett this year :-[ :-[)

bfkidd

QuoteI can't wait til I get to put the lil 125 up against the 1000's in ULGP, it could be interesting.

You can't race a 125 in unlimited per the rules, and even if you could you would be endangering the lives of everyone else in the class.

sdiver68

Probably go for 6 or so again this year, which is where I was about mid-season and on last year.  Make sure you are in shape if you want to do both GTO and GTU !
MCRA Race School Instructor

Speedballer347

Do every race you can.  More seat-time/experience you get, the faster you get.  The quicker you get the seat time, the quicker you'll be upfront 8)
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

QuoteMake sure you are in shape if you want to do both GTO and GTU !
Steve, Especially if you want to win both of them ... like me ;D ... ;) ... ;D
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

MudDawg

Depends on the bikes I've brought to the track

In 2001 with the superbike SV's at the track I ran 5 races a weekend normally.  

GT Lights
  Heavyweight Sportsman
  LT Superbike
  LT GP
  Supertwins

That year I generally ran a superbike SV for the season.  Plus I dragged out my R6 for a while .... gawd I hated that bike.

Then I added GTU, MWSS, MWSB.  I found that I was switching between too many bikes and running myself ragged.  (Tire changes, minor maintenance, tire warmers, etc.)

In 2002 I had 3 bikes again.  (SV650, SV700, and GSXR750)  Since I was not running a full race season...I didn't care about points etc.  So if I felt tired or frustrated...I skipped the race.  To quote Steve Harris of Team Charm fame...."More fun, less stress".  Soo....I'm not particularly fast on the 750 yet...but it's fun.  

This coming year...who knows.  I have a pair of SV700 superbike engines laying around...and a supersport one as well.  Then there's the old trusty stead...the 750.  Maybe I'll learn to ride it eventually....it could happen.  really.  
T