FUSA/CCS combined at pocono in Aug?

Started by Roach, March 17, 2002, 05:05:29 PM

Roach

Just noticed that mid-atlantic CCS and FUSA have a common date at pocono in Aug now? This is from the schedule posted on the FUSA/CCS website, and differs from the original schedule sent out via snail-mail.

Any clue as to how this is going to work since the FUSA schedule normally occupies 3 days, and this event only has 3 for CCS/FUSA (Aug 23-25)?

- Roach

sportbikepete

Yer gonna need headlights. Good question.

Papa_Thiam

The last time I saw that happen, in '99 (regional races sanctioned by LRRS), the Pocono event was a clusterf*ck. Let's hope it's some sort of mistake or that the regionals are on a reduced schedule.

sportbikepete

No mistake I was told it will run like Daytona was run.

Roach

QuoteNo mistake I was told it will run like Daytona was run.

I hope whomever told you that was named 'H.G. Wells' because Daytona was 4 days vs. 3.

Only thing I can think of is that they'll drop the GT races and only run the Endurance on Fri.

- Roach

CCS

Yes, it will be a Daytona-style schedule with the majority of the CCS events on Friday and Saturday, plus 3-5 classes Sunday morning before giving way to the NRRS big money classes on Sunday afternoon.

Speedscreen Expert Unlimited GP will run with NRRS GP for the $3,000 purse as HW Sportsman will run with Thunderbike for a $3,000 purse. Of course both will pay regional points too.

I will guarentee you that it will not be like the last time Formula USA and LRRS was at Pocono. ;D

The real schedule and pre-entry forms will be out between May 15th and June 1st.

Be Seeing You 8)

Kevin
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Roach

sportbikepete

I did say LIKE not just like, lol  ;D

r6_philly

Last AUG. during the FUSA weekend at pocono I could barely find anywhere to pit... where we gonna fit everyone if it is regional also. We gonna be pitting in the infield, or the beloved gravel pit?

What about garages? rental or assignment like in Daytona?

CCS

The garages we have access to will be rented, the event will be 4 days, and bring your portable pit floor, 'cause they still won't let us into the NASCAR garages.

See y'all at VIR next. ;D

Kevin
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

USGPRU_Staff

Dies this mean that there's a snowball's chance in hell we can get the USGPRU event there now? I know there would be a LOT of happy northeastern riders if that happened.  I am getting hate mail for suggesting Loudon as a Rausch replacement.  :o

It would be great to make that work as we have had a huge increase in membership these past weeks after Daytona.  Looks like over 25 at Thunderhill.

Jonathan & the USGPRU Staff
www.usgpru.org
A CCS Affilliate