Main Menu

2006 rule change ideas

Started by ahastings, September 27, 2005, 07:24:41 AM

Mark Bernard

LMAO...! That was great Russ. I needed a good laugh today!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Jeff

QuoteAny rider who weigh's in less than 150 lbs, in their underwear, panties, or thong, must ride with their mother on the back of the bike.

What does your mother think about this?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

QuoteWhat does your mother think about this?

All I know is I'm asceeeeered to ride in a car with Rhiannon, much less on the back of a MC! :o ::) :P
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

TommyG

What do you do if your mother has ...uh....passed? ???

russ1962

Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

cardzilla

I'll see your changes and offer an addendum of contraction.  Classes that continually have 5 or less bikes need to be 86'd.  This would allow for bigger fields in the other classes, which we really need.  That is assuming that these folks would switch rides.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Super Dave

QuoteI emailed these ideas to Kevin Elliot for 2006 . What are your opinions?
PROPOSED CHANGES TO CCS POINTS SYSTEM FOR 2006

1) Change to same points system as FUSA. 35 points for 1st down to 1 point for 24th as opposed to 65 points for 1st down to 1 point for 50th under the current system. The current system gives too many points too far down in the field for any meaningful championship
2) Count all classes toward regional overall points championship, not just selected ones. Why are 125 gp, Thunderbike, Supertwins, F-40, and Lightweight F-40 currently excluded from the overall and advancement points system?
3) Count only each riders best 5 finishes per event toward the regional overall championship. This makes the championship more meaningfull and should also encourage more riders to compete for it.
4) Limit the double points rounds to 2 per region. Mid-atlantic region has 4 double points rounds and 2 twin sprint weekends in the 2005 schedule.
5) Remove Daytona from Mid-Atlantic Region points, it doesn't belong. Some of the Great Plains and Mid-west region races are closer to the Mid-atlantic portion of the USA than Daytona
6) Grid positions determined by points first then order of entry. Reward the riders that are competing in the championships.
7) Reduce advancement points back to 500 to coincide with the new points structure.
8) Allow Unlimited Supersport machines in F-40 since the lightweights have their own division. The few over 40 riders on 1000's shouldn't change things much in that class, but will allow those riders to compete.

I agree with most of what you have.  I'd tighten up the points more.  Maybe only pay points to 15th place.  How many events have enough riders to fill the fifteen positions?  And, if it didn't, only paying to fifteenth would require a "points rider" to do more than just "do a lap" to get points.

F40, 125GP...why not?  They are very specific classes that usually require specialized equipment or specifically exclude certain riders because of some kind of demographic requirment...specifically, age here.

For years, I have been advocating the five best finishes idea.  

Daytona?  Well, Barber was included in the Great Plains schedule.  It's a way for CCS to fill entries at big money tracks.
Super Dave

Burt Munro

How about an F50 or F60 class where the combined age of the rider AND the bike must total 50 or 60. :o
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteSwitch to an AMA style starting procedure complete with lighting system and countdown timer. This would eliminate the many different ways of interpreting when the green flag is actually waved.

How hard is it to understand that you go the second the tip of the flag moves.  ;D

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

cardzilla

QuoteHow hard is it to understand that you go the second the tip of the flag moves.  ;D

It's like reading someone's poker face, every starter has a "tell".  The guy at Roebling has a loose elbow.  It leads to a quick wave, when you see the elbow twitch, hammer it.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Mark Bernard

QuoteHow about an F50 or F60 class where the combined age of the rider AND the bike must total 50 or 60. :o

Shit, I would qualify for the f-50 if that were the case! How depressing is that....?  ???
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Super Dave

QuoteHow about an F50 or F60 class where the combined age of the rider AND the bike must total 50 or 60. :o

The original Formula 40 was that.  Minimum rider age had to be 35 and then a bike at least five years old.  

I have a thirty-one year old bike in the basement...
Super Dave