Once again we are reminded....

Started by EX#996, September 14, 2005, 05:54:07 PM

EX#996

... that the things in this world are only temporary and we marvel at the power of nature.

Here's what my grandparents walked out to after the storm went through (minus the arcing wires)

The view from the road.  It's hard to believe there was an 40x80 shed there

Paul and Dawn Buxton

G 97

That from last night?  Appleton got a bit windy @ 5PM
G

spyderchick

Wow, that sux. Do they have insurance? Straight line winds are really devestaing.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

cardzilla

Mother nature can be cruel.  My family lost a house to Andrew in Miami.  The wind actually pushed out the glass sliding door, blew it through the house horizontally and then through the wall of the bathroom.  It ended up lodged where if you were... indisposed you'd also have been decapitated.  And they say the bathroom is safe...  I have to see if I still have a pic of that somewhere.  Oh, I forgot the weirdest part, the glass was UNBROKEN.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

EX#996

QuoteThat from last night?  Appleton got a bit windy @ 5PM

Yep

... and they are insured.

Paul and Dawn Buxton

Suzy

I am so sorry for what I see here.  I give them my total sympathy for what has happened.  I hope they have relocated to a safer place.  :-/

Jeff

Shiatzu!  Yeah, we got nailed HARD as well.  I'm at the top of a hill, probably one of the highest points in the county.  Thankfully I don't have any large/old trees, and everything was pretty much picked up to begin with...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Lot of wind in Eagle too.  Boys wanted to go downstairs as they got a bit worried, and I thought that was fine.

I have a nice tree that I planted when we first moved in, and it's not listing to one side.  I haven't lost it, but it kind of hurts to see it like it is.

Hope everything goes well for your family, Dawn.
Super Dave

Dawn

I'm thankful that grandpa stopped milking about two years ago and went to cash cropping.  All the corn is completely flat, but they should be able to salvage some of it.

Thanks for the well wishes.  The family almost has everything cleaned up.  We will be done by Saturday.

;)

dylanfan53

Man that looks like a lot of work.  :(

Hope the weather cooperates with your cleanup and glad to hear everyone's ok.

Don Cook
CCS #53

K3 Chris Onwiler

Is that the Buxton trailer I see in those pictures?  Glad everyone's OK!
PS, Laura thinks your new dog is cute!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

EX#996

QuoteIs that the Buxton trailer I see in those pictures?  

LOL!!!!

No - It's my mom and dad's trailer!  But it looks like ours now!   ;D

Perhaps put the two of ours together and we'll have one good one.

QuotePS, Laura thinks your new dog is cute!

We don't have him yet, we have to fill out a six page application with 'non-relative' personal references....    ::)  We have no neighbors really, so this was a challenge because they want to know how you take care of your current animals.  Can I put your name down?

;)
Paul and Dawn Buxton