News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Another Points Rant Thread

Started by grasshopper, September 13, 2005, 11:58:46 AM

grasshopper

Why in the heck can Clear Channel Entertainment have FUSA points up on the CCSRACING.COM web site one freakin day after the races at Autobahn and we are still waiting for points to be displayed from August 27th and 28th at Blackhawk Farms? THAT IS F*CKED UP!

I don't even care anymore!  ::)

What a joke! Every single one of us spend alot of hard earned cash on racing, we at least deserve to see our race results and points on the web site UP TO DATE!

Dawn

We raced for four years......

Same rant over and over again.  We kept track of our own points.  There are some things that are not worth stressing over.

;)

Jeff

overall and class points for midwest and great plains were updated on 9/7.  The BHF results weren't posted, but the results were updated...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

extrakt0r

For the exact same reason they made all the little guys pack up at Autobahn last weekend, go outside the gate, come back in 15 mins later..

While Pirelli, Dunflop, Michlin, and all the AMA Boys took the best pit spots in the paddock...that all the little guys had from being at pratice on Thursday and they get all mad and bitchy

FUSA Rules, Little Guys Drool

;D
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

grasshopper

QuoteWe raced for four years......

Same rant over and over again.  We kept track of our own points.  There are some things that are not worth stressing over.

;)

Where in the rule book does it say or what documentation says how many points you get for where you finished in a race? I can't find that in the rule book. May be I'm just blind.

I want to know if I have enough points to go expert next year. I have had nothing short of 3rd place finish the last 3 race weekends but I'm out of cash for road racing for this season.

Can I sign up and race expert anyway next year even if I don't have enough points?

Mark Bernard

QuoteWhere in the rule book does it say or what documentation says how many points you get for where you finished in a race? I can't find that in the rule book. May be I'm just blind.

Ok Grasshopper, here is where you go. Go to the CCS web sight and click on "Forms and Rules" when you get the list of options displayed, look at General Information and applications. Under that heading click on "2005 CCS-FUSA Compititon Rule Book (Draft Copy)" Then look at page 28. The points are listed on that page. Mark!

B.T.W. I keep track of my own points. And by doing so, I have caught errors in the Updates once they are posted and I then e-mailed CCS to have them corrected. Which I have done twice this year.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Mark Bernard

QuoteFor the exact same reason they made all the little guys pack up at Autobahn last weekend, go outside the gate, come back in 15 mins later..

Oh man... don't EVEN get me started. Know one was more pissed than me!  >:( And I am still pissed!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Super Dave

QuoteWhile Pirelli, Dunflop, Michlin, and all the AMA Boys took the best pit spots in the paddock...that all the little guys had from being at pratice on Thursday and they get all mad and bitchy

FUSA Rules, Little Guys Drool

;D

Ok, the tire people are paying a vendor fee.  The guys you call the "AMA Boys" are riders and teams that committed to the FUSA series partially or completely.  Often, they are part of the FUSA Team Owner Program that allows opportunities for provisional starts, a pass for their mechanic, and early entry into the racing facility as a committed participant in FUSA's "professional" venue.  It is CCS's top of the ladder.  
Super Dave

extrakt0r

QuoteOk, the tire people are paying a vendor fee.  The guys you call the "AMA Boys" are riders and teams that committed to the FUSA series partially or completely.  Often, they are part of the FUSA Team Owner Program that allows opportunities for provisional starts, a pass for their mechanic, and early entry into the racing facility as a committed participant in FUSA's "professional" venue.  It is CCS's top of the ladder.  

I know, just little guy envy  ;D I'm not hatin' I didn't have to move one single piece of my stuff...

I was nice and polite to Kevin, and he let me keep my stuff in the pit..  ;D
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com

Super Dave

Just like kindergarden.  Be nice...   8)
Super Dave

spyderchick

Sugar and honey always catch more flies than piss and vinegar.  ;) ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX#996

QuoteSugar and honey always catch more flies than piss and vinegar.  ;) ;D

Then again....

Who would really want to catch flies?   ???
Paul and Dawn Buxton

extrakt0r

QuoteJust like kindergarden.  Be nice...   8)

I agree, I have never, ever, ever had one single issue with any CCS Employee...

A simple smile, and nice tone will go a long way...

In addition to that, I always track down, Larry, Bill, the Tech Guys I see all the time and thank them for a good event...

Something else that really makes me mad is when racers don't wave at the corner workers after a race...

These guys and gals are out there in the sun/heat/cold/rain bustin' their butt helping us when we wreck and 80% of the riders don't even give them a "thumbs up" on there cool down lap...

Makes me mad  >:(

People would think I am Rossi on my Cool Down lap, I wave and Thumb Up every person and corner worker I see on my way around, Call me silly, but they need to be shown they are appreciated..  :)
Mike Simone
www.teamsimoneracing.com

spyderchick

QuoteThen again....

Who would really want to catch flies?   ???

An Entymologist?  ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Xian_13

Quote...

Something else that really makes me mad is when racers don't wave at the corner workers after a race...

These guys and gals are out there in the sun/heat/cold/rain bustin' their butt helping us when we wreck and 80% of the riders don't even give them a "thumbs up" on there cool down lap...

Makes me mad  >:(

People would think I am Rossi on my Cool Down lap, I wave and Thumb Up every person and corner worker I see on my way around, Call me silly, but they need to be shown they are appreciated..  :)

Saturday, I corner worked for the first time.
Man, what an experiance.
Now I can say I have seen racing from two differant perspectives.

Honestly...
I think everyone who wants a license, should take race school Saturday and corner work Sunday.

If you race and never corner worked... I think you should take a day and do it.

Most of the racers did infact wave or what not.
I always try to wave, but there are times when I don't have a clear head after a race.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Mark Bernard

Here is what I have an issue with what happened with the "Big Pullout" on thursday night. Karl and I came to the track with 2 trailers. After Karl ran 5 sessons he decided to leave and go back to the shop, he was going to drop his trailer and leave. Problem... Karl forgot the key to the hitch lock. So back to rockford he went towing an empty trailer. Since we have done track days prior to a race weekend before at various tracks, and have never had to do a pull out before, we thought "no big deal".

At the end of "my" day I packed my trailer with all the gear and tied the canopy down to the 2 race bikes and the pit bike and proceded to the gate. On my way to the gate on my way home I was informed by a fellow racer that we all had to leave the paddoc area equipment and all befor CCS could take possesion of the venue. Thursdays practice was put on by Leon with Private Track Time and NOT CCS.

I then went to the registration building and talked to Kevin Elliot about this so called pull out. I "politley" informed Kevin that Karl had left with the other trailer and asked if I could leave my trailer and the bikes where they were. He asked if I was a team owner and I replied honestley and said no and had one of the ladies look to see if Karl was a team owner, which he wasn't. Kevin said that if I wasn't a team owner or a vender then all my gear had to be removed from the paddoc. When I told him of my situation with the trailers and bikes he said to me "If I do for one then I have to do for all". I talked with Kevin for about 10 min. or so, and to no avail the bottom line was this... Because CCS got shafted out of alot of gate fees at MAM after a practice day prior to the event weekend and some lawsuit that has been filed against CCS, it was his decision to maks sure that everyone got out so all the proper gate fees and wavers were signed and in order. He also told me that If we privateers didn't pull our gear from the compound, then whoever didn't comply would have there race licence pulled for the weekend and they would not be allowed to race that weekend. "PERIOD"!

Now seeing that I am leading in points in 3 classes and running 2nd in others, I had no choice but to comply. So I drove the truck and trailer to the parking lot... walked back to the bikes and rode one back... walked back to the bikes again and rode another out and walked back to the pit bike... rode that back.... getting the picture now gang?!

After I got my gear and bikes out, I knew of "several" racers who decided to leave there stuff inside and ride out the storm. After i got my wrist band and signed the waver I repeated the above process to return all my gear right back to where it was. This is the piont that really burnes me out of all that has happened to this point.

On my way out the gate for the final time, I was met by Kevin. He shook my hand and thanked me for removing my gear. I told him no problem. I followed up by asking him what was going to happen to the racers who left there stuff and he simpley told me that "they will be dealt with".

They were never delt with in any which way shape or form. Idol threats was all that happened. No one had there licence suspended as told, no one was barred from racing the following day nor the next.

That was the problem I had with the whole thing. Now, if you were me. Would you be angry? Do you think what Kevin did was right? Wouldn't you have some what of an credibility issue with the man?

I do.... there were other things said and done not by just Kevin but by others whom shall remain nameless trying to deter me from saying anything at all that weekend to Kevin after I found out that he didn't impose the penalties that he said he would.

So saying that, I have said nothing till now. Will it make a differance? No, not at all. I just want the facts out there so you all can be informed of what transpired if for some reason you were not able to attend.

Ok.... I'm done.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteSomething else that really makes me mad is when racers don't wave at the corner workers after a race...

I pretty much dont expect riders to wave right after the race when I'm working Turn 1.

Oh BTW, if you crash and get right up, GO HELP PICK YOUR BIKE UP. Dont go walking away expecting the workers to pick it up for you. We didnt drop it. ;D Its one thing if you are hurt, we will pick them up, but dont act like you are some pro racer and expect someone to do it. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod