You'll see. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Mark Bernard

Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

K3 Chris Onwiler

Mark "Evil Knevil" Bernard.  I'll bet the guy on the 2-stroke was even more impressed than I was.  Those rumble strips at Abahn make good launch ramps.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

H-man

Uh, okay.... Out with the full story ;D
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

Mark Bernard

QuoteMark "Evil Knevil" Bernard.  I'll bet the guy on the 2-stroke was even more impressed than I was.  Those rumble strips at Abahn make good launch ramps.

You saw that?!!  :-[
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Mark Bernard

QuoteUh, okay.... Out with the full story ;D

Later H-Man... I have got to go for now.  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yeah, those Buells can really FLY!  They seem to handle fairly well in the dirt, too.  Will you be needing to reupholster that seat, sir? ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Xian_13

QuoteYou saw that?!!  :-[

;D
He wasn't the only one that saw that...

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Mark Bernard

Ok... Here is the whole story.  Race 2a Am LW/GP. Not a race I usually do well in given the fact that there are some really fast guys in that race.

Any how... I am running in 6th going into the final lap. Right on my rear wheel is #600 Gerald Lehman. I get through turn 1 and going into t-3 I beleave it was where he passed me. Now I am on his rear wheel comming out of 7 and on the gas hard. I out broke him going into 8 and as we're on the brakes I feel his front wheel rubbing my right boot and leg.

That kind of suprised me and I broke my concentration for a moment. I gas it comming out of the turn and going into 9 I ran long and ran off onto the inner grass basicly cutting off the corner in the dirt at t-10.

As I stand it up to ride it out, all of a sudden I see this big ugly rumble strip that I am going to cross from the grass to the track at pretty much a 90 deg. angle. I hit it HARD and launched my 445 lb. Buell half way across the width of the track and went into the grass on the otherside of the track now.

As I am seeing Mr. 600 go by in the corner of my eye, I rode it out and hauled azz through the dirt for a ways before I got back in line behind him to finish 7th.

By the way, I must appologize to Mr 2 stroke for blasting onto the track right in front of him, I hope that I didn't freak him out too much.

As far as a new seat for the bike... It isn't needed. I have had that ride before my freind. Pucker factor was suprisingly at a minimal. More pissed than anything.

Thats what hapened from my view. Chris... did I miss anything? lol!

Overall I had a great weekend. Bike ran like a champ, I rode reasonably well, turned a few low 38's, and I finished my races as follows....

LW F/40... 2nd
LW/SS....   3rd
Supertwins... 5th
LW/GP...  7th
ThunderBike... 8th

I was very pleased! Had a great time! And I will be glad when the season is over! lol!  

Mark!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Mark Bernard

Quote;D
He wasn't the only one that saw that...

XIII

I didn't know tha you saw that too! Where were you At?
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Xian_13

QuoteI didn't know tha you saw that too! Where were you At?

I was corner working for the first time...

Corner 10, standing right next to K3.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Mark Bernard

Man... am I glad I didn't wad it up then, I couldn't live with myself if you and Chris had to pick me up!! I would look up and see you two ya hoos running toward me...  making Buell jokes as you laugh and laugh and laugh. I think I would just have to shoot myself!  :-[   ???  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

EX#996

QuoteAs far as a new seat for the bike... It isn't needed. I have had that ride before my freind. Pucker factor was suprisingly at a minimal. More pissed than anything.

Himmm......

Reminds me of Paul.  LOL!!!

I bet this is one story that you will tell over and over again.  

;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

grasshopper

QuoteMan... am I glad I didn't wad it up then, I couldn't live with myself if you and Chris had to pick me up!! I would look up and see you two ya hoos running toward me...  making Buell jokes as you laugh and laugh and laugh. I think I would just have to shoot myself!  :-[   ???  ;D

HA HA!!!!

You didn't tell me about that Mark!

Did you have time while you were airborn to do any tricks? Can Can? Knack Knack? Let one hand go and point at K3? LOL!!

H-man

QuoteDid you have time while you were airborn to do any tricks? Can Can? Knack Knack? Let one hand go and point at K3? LOL!!

;D ;D ROFL  Very good one
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

H-man

QuoteI hit it HARD and launched my 445 lb. Buell half way across the width of the track and went into the grass on the otherside of the track now.

As I am seeing Mr. 600 go by in the corner of my eye, I rode it out and hauled azz through the dirt for a ways before I got back in line behind him to finish 7th.

DAMN!  I reeally wish I coulda been there to have witness this ;D

Ya done did good too in your finishes Bernie.  Way to be!
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

Mark Bernard

Thanks H... I had a few really good runs. I am not sure how high the bike went when I launched it off of the curbing  :o, but I am sure that it was not as much as K-3 made it out to be... ::)  I am sure that after this story gets told a few more times, I will have jumped the Snake River Canyon by banquet time!  ;D LOL!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

K3 Chris Onwiler

Thank God you didn't crash that pig.  I'm not sure if just X and I could have pulled it off you.... ;D

Burt Munro

Chris,

I sent you a PM about the beacon.
I'm leaving now - wonn't be back til at least 10pm.

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

K3 Chris Onwiler

Reply sent.  Ferman has them.

Xian_13

QuoteThank God you didn't crash that pig.  I'm not sure if just X and I could have pulled it off you.... ;D

LOL
Well, if he did go down, we could have used that 125 as a pry bar.
;D

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteNow I am on his rear wheel comming out of 7 and on the gas hard. I out broke him going into 8 and as we're on the brakes I feel his front wheel rubbing my right boot and leg.

That kind of suprised me and I broke my concentration for a moment. I gas it comming out of the turn and going into 9 I ran long and ran off onto the inner grass basicly cutting off the corner in the dirt at t-10.
Translation:  Exiting turn six, I thank the gods of Milwaukee thunder for granting me precicely ten times more engine displacement than my rival on the 125.  Using every last bit of my skill as a racer, I accelerate down the straightaway, pass him,  and disappear into the distance.  At turn eight, I stop to check if any of the pushrods in my old boat anchor have bent, then continue to turn nine, where I stop again to check the oil level.  (Can't be too careful with those Buell's you know!)
At the apex of nine, I notice a buzzing in my ear.  Looking to the right, I can't believe that turkey on the toy bike is back!  Those pesky little 2-stroke guys just don't know when to quit!  Knowing that cubic inches are the answer to everything, I manfully twist the throttle yet again to dispatch my pint-sized foe.
Unbeknownst to me, the track is about to take a sudden curve....

spyderchick

Hey Chris, anyone tell you you ought to be a writer?  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

H-man

Man oh man, K3.   That is some funny sh_ _!  Too funny!

Having owned an M2 Cyclone, I'm afraid to say it's also pretty close to reality too.

Now I'm really looking forward to your book being released, printed, whatever it is they call it when it's available for sale.

H.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

dylanfan53

I hope Mark didn't do all that on a waving yellow...
Don Cook
CCS #53

Mark Bernard

QuoteTranslation:  Exiting turn six, I thank the gods of Milwaukee thunder for granting me precicely ten times more engine displacement than my rival on the 125.  Using every last bit of my skill as a racer, I accelerate down the straightaway, pass him,  and disappear into the distance.  At turn eight, I stop to check if any of the pushrods in my old boat anchor have bent, then continue to turn nine, where I stop again to check the oil level.  (Can't be too careful with those Buell's you know!)
At the apex of nine, I notice a buzzing in my ear.  Looking to the right, I can't believe that turkey on the toy bike is back!  Those pesky little 2-stroke guys just don't know when to quit!  Knowing that cubic inches are the answer to everything, I manfully twist the throttle yet again to dispatch my pint-sized foe.

LMFAO!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Mark Bernard

QuoteI hope Mark didn't do all that on a waving yellow...

Nope... the last lap. And not the cool down lap either!  ;)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Mark Bernard

QuoteHA HA!!!!

You didn't tell me about that Mark!

Did you have time while you were airborn to do any tricks? Can Can? Knack Knack? Let one hand go and point at K3? LOL!!

I was going to go for a no handed landing with one foot on the peg.... but I didn't want to look egotistical!  ::)
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Mark Bernard

QuoteLOL
Well, if he did go down, we could have used that 125 as a pry bar.
;D

XIII
I think there is a specialty Buell tool to get it off of me. You had that there with you... right?  :D Oh wait... "I" am the Buell tool!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard

Chuck

QuoteTranslation:  Exiting turn six, I thank the gods of Milwaukee thunder for granting me precicely ten times more engine displacement than my rival on the 125.  Using every last bit of my skill as a racer, I accelerate down the straightaway, pass him,  and disappear into the distance.  At turn eight, I stop to check if any of the pushrods in my old boat anchor have bent, then continue to turn nine, where I stop again to check the oil level.  (Can't be too careful with those Buell's you know!)

lol!!!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote :D Oh wait... "I" am the Buell tool!  ;D

So its confirmed, Mark is a tool. ;D ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod