News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Camping at BHF and RA

Started by Nate R, December 11, 2002, 12:48:19 PM

Nate R

So, what happens if I'm camping out at BHF, and at 1:00 AM, while working on the bike after a crash, I need to leave to go to a friend's house in Beloit to get some parts, and come back? Is there anyway to get in and/or out at night? What about Road America? Say I want to go out to dinner at night after a day of practice at BHF, or Racing at RA. Can I get back in? How does this work?

Thanx!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

tzracer

When I camped at Blackhawk you could come and go all night.

RA used to lock the gate at something like 10 pm when they first allowed camping (they used to kick everyone out at something like 7pm), not sure if that is still what is done.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Nate R

OK, so, is the guard just gone and the gates open, or what? Hmm, does that mean IN THEORY that someone could sneak in at 4 in the morning for free??? LOL

Seriously though, I'm just looking for the ability to go stay at a friend's house or motel if I get too cold at night. But, I'd like to leave after 7:00 PM, and get back to BHF before 7 am if that ever happens, so I'm just making sure it's not a problem.

Has anyone camped in a tent in April at BHF? Any tips on staying warm when it's cold???

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

harb990

QuoteHas anyone camped in a tent in April at BHF? Any tips on staying warm when it's cold???

Find someone to snuggle up to  ;D
And I am not offering  :P

Woofentino Pugrossi

I've camped at RA in april. Bring blankets. Even more for BHF's in april. At BHF, you just open teh gate yourself if the guard is sleeping or missing. At Road America, theres a guard at teh gate you check in with when you come back from town.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Nate R

Cool. OK, Thanx! This helps out quite a bit.

Harb990,
Damn! That was my next question!  ;D LOL J/K!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com

OmniGLH

At the CCS/FUSA weekend in August at RA, some of us were in a hotel, and some of our group camped in the paddock.  Coming back from the bars at 3am, the camping group had no problems getting through the gates.  They had an overnight guard there.

Now for the non-FUSA, CCS weekend in April, it may not be like this   ???  Don't know....
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

QuoteSeriously though, I'm just looking for the ability to go stay at a friend's house or motel if I get too cold at night.

Has anyone camped in a tent in April at BHF? Any tips on staying warm when it's cold???

Don't be a wuss Nate ;-)  You can get a 'tent' heater which is propane powered for a few bucks.  I've seen them used with good results (sure, I suppose somebody somewhere burned down a tent)

We've camped in the van many times in single digit temps at Gateway in March, and when you wake up freezing, you start the van, turn on the heater and go back to sleep...  You just do what you have to...

This last season, I didn't camp at BHF, at all, I commuted Fri/Sat & Sun.  The 1 1/2 hr drive was well worth sleeping in my own bed.  Not sure how much further out you are.

Also, I commuted to Road A which was actually shorter than BHF for me, and I'm sure it will be shorter for you as well...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest