Possible Clutch or 4th Gear Issue?

Started by extrakt0r, September 05, 2005, 02:49:25 PM

extrakt0r

Ok so we are out squiddin' last night...

We were moving pretty good, and when I am in 4th gear around 10K and just nail the gas, the RPM's go up to about 12K like I was trying to slip the clutch on a launce, and the bike still goes, but then they drop down to like 11K just a second later, and the bike pulls harder...Keep in mind it would pull the whole time, just not as hard until it caught..

At first I thought I was roasting the rear tire, (and still not convinced I wasn't) but I adjusted the clutch cable play and it seemed to get better....

But this only was in 4th, no other gear did it do this in.....

A buddie and I were launching HARD from every stop light so I could pratice my launches, so maybe my clutch was just mad at the end of the night?

What do you guys think?

If I was going to get a new Clutch is this all I would need?

http://www.tobefast.com/detail.aspx?ID=866
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

Clutch.

I always use the OEM stuff though.
Super Dave

extrakt0r

QuoteClutch.

I always use the OEM stuff though.

Thanks Dave, I'll replace it after Autobahn...Think it will make 1 more race weekend :-/

BTW: I went up to my dealer and put down a deposit on the 1st 2006 R6 that comes thru their doors...

Going to Race a 600 and a 1000 next year  ;D
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Super Dave

Super Dave

Thingy

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

I do.  Might just do it too.  Would like to do some AMA Superstock or something for my cancer program.  Looking into the R1 LE.  

Is that insane or what.

Need to sell my farm first.
Super Dave

Thingy

Will you let me ride it like you did your R6?   ;D

I think I want a V-twin for next year, but I don't have a farm to sell...

PS - I missed you the other weekend. 8)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Super Dave

Yeah, that could be arranged.  

When was the last time you rode my R6?  I think you rode it in 2003.  It was better in 2004 and this year.  

Farm is certainly a lucky thing.  But the cost of loosing my dad for it sucks.  You could have a farm if you bought mine... ;D
Super Dave

Super Dave

I missed you too, honey.

You got game?  

Bringing it to the last Blackhawk?  Lonny have the bus running?  Anyone know?
Super Dave

Thingy

I will see what I can do about bringing some game to the last Blackhawk.  I may come out and watch.  (rumor has it that some slow a$$ policeman is going to be there.)  

Unfortunately, I won't be riding.  I broke my ankle at the Wegman and my bike doesn't look too pretty either.  I just got back from the doctor again this morning.  Good news: no surgery needed.  Bad news: no weight on my ankle for three months!  :-/

Oh, and I think Lonnie has the bus running, but was hauling the bike around in a minivan last time that I saw him.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Super Dave

Super Dave

Thingy

Is that the same stuff that you were touting a few months ago?  I thought the bottle had some chemical name.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Super Dave

Yeah, it's got MCHC in it.  Micro....  you get it.

Works!
Super Dave

andy342

Hey Dave, do you keep taking that stuff after you're healed?  

Also, would it benefit me if I get the metal taken out of my ankle?

Super Dave

I took it for a while after, but not forever.  I didn't see a need.

Yeah, I would think that getting the metal taken out, you'd definitely want to.  Usually seems like the bone hollows out and tries to grow around metal and stuff.  

I found some at my local organic food store for a reasonable price too.  I have found it at GNC stores, but it was about five times the cost.

The extra product that I had left over, I gave to my wife's grandma who's 89.  Figured she could use the bone boost.
Super Dave

damico

It's your clutch.  It only happens in 4th (for now) because that is the largest jump in gear ratios, and there is more strain for the clutch. Stock is the best to replace it with, and don't try to go the cheap way out and only get fibers. The steel plates and springs have been put thru the same abuse as the fibers and are also worn. I like to use Barnett Heavy-duty spring for more positive feel.