News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

SW region and R.O.C.

Started by brian213, August 31, 2005, 07:25:48 PM

brian213

Anybody from SW area planning on going?  I was thinking of going this year and didn't want to drive out all of the way from CA...but if there's somebody taking a trailer with room for an RS125 and a buddy's SV, we might be able to make a deal.

Do the ROC races require that you have points already or anything like that?  I've got a buddy with an AHRMA and WSMC license that would love to race there.

-Brian

Eric Kelcher

No points required, just a CCS license. Your regional point standing sets your pre-entry grid position. Winner of last years race on pole then all riders in first place in their region next then second place (as of Sept 26, also the cut-off date)etc until all riders that pre-entered with points are gridded then the riders with no points that pre-entered then finally those that post entered (w/ or w/o regional class points).

Other benfit to having raced regionally is the championship bonus only available to riders that ran at least 5 races in the class they entered in any one region.

Full info is here http://www.formulausa.com/forms/R.O.C.%20Mailer%202005
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

brian213

Thanks a lot Eric.  What do you mean by the Bonus, is that possible race winnings?  How about the relative national championship?  Who wins that, the highest placing Regional person?

Confused by one race national championships...  :)

-Brian

MZGirl

QuoteHow about the relative national championship?  Who wins that, the highest placing Regional person?

Whoever wins the race is national champion.  So if you have a license from a different org, pay for a CCS license at that event, enter a race and win, then you're national champion.  Even if that was your first race with CCS.

brian213

QuoteWhoever wins the race is national champion.  So if you have a license from a different org, pay for a CCS license at that event, enter a race and win, then you're national champion.  Even if that was your first race with CCS.
Yikes!  How scary is that?  I am sure it's all been brought up before, so I won't go into how wrong that is.  :)

At least it sounds like Eric is saying that only people that should be eligible for the championship can win the money...or something like that.  It'd be nice if somebody "else" won but a second place person was valid (for the cash) and they got the first place dough, and so on.

This may affect my plans for the long arse trip out there.  At least the fuel should cost less once out of CA.  Just paid $8.61 for 2.8 gallons in my street bike today.  UGH!  Thank gosh I have a street bike still!

-Brian

hi-side_racing

There's some people from Phoenix going. Get Randy to say something about the ROC at the rider's meeting in Vegas.

I'm sure you'll want to check on how to get there from the west coast as I-10 will be down.

MZGirl

Check with Joe Jackson (the guy with the big semi).  I think he goes to ROC every year, and in the past he's taken bikes in his truck.  Not sure what he charges, but check with him if he's at the next race.

brian213

Thanks T & E.  I wonder if David Siminski (from AZ) is going.  He's out here at Willow often.  Joe is a good idea.  I'll ask him in Vegas.

-Brian

Eric Kelcher

Yes anyone can win the championship but the bonus is only paid to those that are eligible (2nd would still get 2nd place bonus if 1st is ineligble).

Some think it may not be fair for a rider that has not run the full series or even part of it to be able to win the national championship. Well my thought is you have proved you are the BEST out of all comers, You won a race that Rossi could have been in, you are the BEST! on the same hand the racers that have devoted their time/money/energy to racing with CCS are rewarded two ways one by having grid spots better than those that did not and you are eligible for the championship bonus in each class.

Oh the route to Daytona thanks for the reminder of I-10 missing some bridges. I did a route in the past that was a northern route to avoid storms I will find that and post (think it was I-20 to birmingham and southeast from there but it was two lane for a good couple hundred miles)
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

rotoboge

Dave Stone, myself, and Mike Coberly are going. Stay in touch, as we may have room for aa couple of bikes. You will have to pay your share of fuel costs though... ;)

RAY_HYMER

Joe Jackson's number is 480-227-8113

brian213

QuoteDave Stone, myself, and Mike Coberly are going. Stay in touch, as we may have room for aa couple of bikes. You will have to pay your share of fuel costs though... ;)
Will you guys be in Vegas?  I'll be one of two (or 3) 125's there.  ha ha

Ray, thanks for the number...you way want to edit that post now in case he doesn't want it out in public.  :)

-Brian

RAY_HYMER

No, it is free advertising for him.  I'm not sure what he is charging, but he takes the bikes there in a HUGE moving trailer, like a Mayflower.  Our whole crew is supposed to be going to Daytona this year.  I have never been there before, so it should be quite an adventure!!  

brian213

Cool enough.  Will you all be at Vegas?  Know if Joe will?

-Brian