Moroso v. Katrina

Started by Fat_Nate, August 24, 2005, 09:37:35 AM

Fat_Nate

Anyone have experience on how CCS handles race weekends that coincide with tropical storms and/or hurricanes?

Nate

dave_anderson

Last Sept. Jennings race was cancelled because of all the hurricanes. Henry would make that call.

MELK-MAN

i understand teh FRIDAY trackday is canceled but the CCS saturday practice is a go for now as is race on sunday. If sat. is a "washout" i was told Henry is refunding $75 sat practice fees but sunday should be a nice day..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

K3 Chris Onwiler

If we Midwesterners can race in snow or tornadoes, you panty waisted Southerners can damn sure race in a little old hurricane! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Fat_Nate

QuoteIf we Midwesterners can race in snow or tornadoes, you panty waisted Southerners can damn sure race in a little old hurricane! ;D

Hey -- I was just checking to see if I need to run a lower tire pressure in winds over 60 mph.

Rich

QuoteIf we Midwesterners can race in snow or tornadoes, you panty waisted Southerners can damn sure race in a little old hurricane! ;D

Thats the damn truth.

What was worse? The snow during practice at RA this year, or the 19 degree practice at Gateway back in March of 02?
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteThats the damn truth.

What was worse? The snow during practice at RA this year, or the 19 degree practice at Gateway back in March of 02?

Or the plowing the track in april 2001 on saturday after getting 6" of snow friday. Ever watch a motorcycle road race when theres no grass but only snow if you go off track? ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

dave_anderson

I moved from Michigan years ago to get away from the cold. It is easier to deal with Roebling Road in July and some wind and rain then snow.

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteOr the plowing the track in april 2001 on saturday after getting 6" of snow friday. Ever watch a motorcycle road race when theres no grass but only snow if you go off track? ;D

I crashed at Blackhawk in '97 while passing for the lead in the left hand kink before the carousel. The only reason I crashed was because I got run off the track and there was 4" of snow covering the grass, for some reason 80+ mph in the snow on a motorcycle doesn't work so well when you hit a dip in the ground! ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

tug296

I think they have to pump out excess water at Moroso. Missed 2 races last year due to devistating Hurricanes, 1 at Jennings, 1 at Moroso.
Good luck to all Florida Racers this weekend.
Fastest Region in the Nation.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteGood luck to all Florida Racers this weekend. Fastest Region in the Nation.

Oh ya, well my daddy will beat up your daddy! ;)  :D  ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MELK-MAN

QuoteI think they have to pump out excess water at Moroso. Missed 2 races last year due to devistating Hurricanes, 1 at Jennings, 1 at Moroso.
Good luck to all Florida Racers this weekend.
Fastest Region in the Nation.

FLRIDERSRULE! ;D
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice