News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Liner preference on leathers

Started by spyderchick, August 23, 2005, 01:14:32 PM

spyderchick

So, if you were to order a custom set of leathers, would you prefer to have a removable liner, or would it be better to have no liner but a shirt and pants garment combination (2 pieces)  to wear under the leathers?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

K3 Chris Onwiler

Being a big guy, I've had real issues with suit liners.  Currently, I wear an RS Tiachi one-piece liner, and then slip into what's left of the liner in my Vanson suit.  The suit's shoulder armor always flops, and I find myself having to unzip the Vanson's liner to adjust the shoulder armor once I get into the suit.  I would think that if the hard armor were very securely attached into the leathers, and the foam padding were incorporated into a wearable liner, this would probably make for the best combination.  In addition, a bit of light foam or perhaps flannel in the elbows and knees to keep the armor ffrom biting into the skin would be a welcome touch.  Now if the leathers also came with a top-notch back protector firmly attached inside the suit that wouldn't shift around when I try to pull everything up over my shoulders, I'd be in heaven!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

dylanfan53

Tidy whities or boxers?  ;D

I love the two front zipper Vanson.  It's easy to get into and out off, but the liner's not removable.  I'd prefer a removable liner so I could wash it.

Under that I wear a one piece liner.  (Kushitani, because it was the only one I could find at the time).  This set up works very well because no matter how hot I get the leathers slide off easily.  I'd think a 2 piece liner would twist and bunch up as the suit is pulled on.  My prior Vansons were a one front zipper.  Without the separate one-piece liner, on a hot day they stuck like glue.

Don Cook
CCS #53

dylanfan53

The censor engine turned K-u-s-h-i-t-a-n-i- into Kunutsani???  That's a new one.  What part of the anatomy or weird act would K-u-s-h-i-t-a-n-i refer to??

Crap, there's probably something else out there that I've missed!  ;D
Don Cook
CCS #53

bambam

i have a barnacle bills suit that he used about 4 cows worth of leather to make for me. i also use an undersuit as well. the other thing is that i sent him my tecnic back protector and he attached it into the back of my suit but made it so that i could remove it if i wanted to. that is sooo nice. i wouldnt trade that suit for anything.

Bernie

QuoteThe censor engine turned K-u-s-h-i-t-a-n-i- into Kunutsani???  That's a new one.  What part of the anatomy or weird act would K-u-s-h-i-t-a-n-i refer to??

Crap, there's probably something else out there that I've missed!  ;D

Right in the middle is the evil word sh1t.  The censor always turns sh1t into shit.

dylanfan53

I bet you always find Waldo.  :)

Don Cook
CCS #53

Jeff

I have the kushi inner suit as well, but also HIGHLY desire a suit liner.

However, the suit liner must:
ZIP in, not velcro in for the main opening.
Have GOOD velcro around the ankles/wrists
Have AMPLE openings for ankles/wrists
Zip INTO the suit, not a separate closure that you have to zip.

The biggest complaint/problem I have with suit liners is them not staying put as I put on and take off my leathers.  Fieldsheer does it RIGHT.  Alexa, you know my thoughts on this already since you've repaired everything I own.  If you want to see what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll bring by 2 sets, one good, one bad...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming.  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

rotoboge

Here in the Great SW (arizona), the liners tend to stick to the body when putting on or taking off. I prefer a suit w/o the liner, as I wear the necessary shirt and padded shorts anyway... My $0.02worth.

LMsports

Definitely the removable liner is a great thing. Our RS Taichi suits all have removable liners, then we wear Mawus inner suits. The Mawus suit slides against the removeable inner suit and provides exceptional movement with no sticking. Makes transitioning on the bike much easier.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

rotoboge

QuoteDefinitely the removable liner is a great thing. Our RS Taichi suits all have removable liners, then we wear Mawus inner suits. The Mawus suit slides against the removeable inner suit and provides exceptional movement with no sticking. Makes transitioning on the bike much easier.

Sounds like a great setup... :)