Question about catch cans!

Started by CBRman93, March 08, 2002, 05:28:41 AM

CBRman93

I'm running a '93 F2 and need to know if I have to have a catch can for the coolant resevoir breather hose. I have the belly pan modified for the 3 qt. rule but have been told by some x-racers that the coolant res. is technically the catch can and that since the crankcase vent goes to the airbox, I have no need for one.
If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Also, where can I find that heat shielding that goes on the inside of the fairings. My lowers get pretty darn hot.

Thanks!!!
Ben

sportbikepete

First I went to the Depot and bought some hea tape and put it on the hot spots. Second
i have a 97 GSXR750 and all the debate about catch cans I jsut went ahead and put one on raher than run the risk of failing tech. I found an old plastic lawn mower gas tank and used that.

CBRman93

Thanks. I'll probably go ahead and put a can on but I wanted to know for sure. I'm going for a practice day on the 25th and will double check with some of the guys up there.
A lawn mower can huh? I guess that's better than paying out for one of those fancy deals from LP Racing.
Thanks again.
Ben
CCS #501
NESBA #132

sportbikepete

Yeah lawn mower fuel tank, all I need now is a little duct tape and it will be perfect! :D LOL!

RickyRacer

I use a baby bottle. The nipple makes a nice seal around the hose.
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

h00ktern

Was that an intentional misspelling - "hoes?" lol
Y2K Aprilia RSV R mille

RickyRacer

"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI