News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So I pick up the latest (September) Cycle World...

Started by dylanfan53, August 08, 2005, 06:56:44 PM

PJ

Yeah, I'm just a PR flack. I'm the behind the scenes guy who gets coffee and buys everyone lunch...hey, where is that hot cup of coffee??

Actually, I was listening carefully to the conversation, because I'm the one who has to jump in and stop Erik and the engineers from going too far and revealing too much. There's no such thing as "off the record!"

Good stuff though. Each of the CW editors brought a different view to the table. Egan the emotional side. Anderson the pure engineering perspective. And Edwards the overall industry slant.

Throw in a fast paced two-day ride and some memorable benchracing afterwards...

Damn, I hate my job.  ;)
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

lbk

H-Man, I've been around you just aren't looking hard enough. LOL

Yeah I skipped the Gman round, just because I didn't feel like driving around the lake. I should've known you would be there. You coming to the Wegmen weekend? C'mon! C'mon! You know you want to.

PJ, that sucks about the crashes so is the 9R still in one piece? Was it the 12 both times, or 1 of each? I need to hit you up for some advice when I see you next time, I'm still considering the buell, and I figured you'd be a good person to talk to. You were trying to beat Ed Key again in the dry weren't you? ;)

PJ

QuotePJ, that sucks about the crashes so is the 9R still in one piece? Was it the 12 both times, or 1 of each? I need to hit you up for some advice when I see you next time, I'm still considering the buell, and I figured you'd be a good person to talk to. You were trying to beat Ed Key again in the dry weren't you? ;)

It was the 12 both times. First I crashed in T9 (fast left) in GT Lights. I was attempting a pass on the outside and just lost the front end. It was an easy low side, but at pretty high speed.

Then I crashed in T3 on the first lap of the Thunderbike/Lightweight Supersport race when I misjudged my closing speed on some of the slower riders gridded in the race ahead of us. They braked earlier than I thought and I got caught out. At least I didn't take anyone with me.

Yeah, I'm trying hard to beat Ed (and Brian and Gary, etc.). Maybe too hard? But damn, those guys are fast and you have to try pretty hard just to keep 'em in sight!

Anyway, I'll try again at Blackhawk. Stop by anytime to talk.

PS. Did you see this?
http://www.racemotorcycles.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=ccsclass;action=display;num=1122737024
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

lbk

It's a matter of fact I did see that one Paul, and even called the guy. Price is good has the chain conversion, price was right only problem was he is in FL. So can't do that which is probably best because right now I still have an SV to get back in order before I look into buying anything else. See ya at the next BHF round.