19th Annual Wegman Auction

Started by spyderchick, August 08, 2005, 05:40:32 PM

spyderchick

Posted at Gordon Lunde's request:

The 19th annual Wegman auction will be held August 27th at Blackhawk Farms.

We have made arrangements with the concession stand to have Nick's brats as well as a taco deal.  The dinner will be $5 per plate for either.

We have 3 ½ barrels + of beer ordered and the Margarita ball will be in action.

If you have items to donate to the auction please get them to us early !!! I can't emphasize this enough. We will be there Friday morning and hope you all will bring your items to us either Fri. or Sat. morning. Please don't wait until Sat afternoon or right before the auction to bring them. We need things early so we can get them organized and on the list.

We accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards (no American Express) checks and cash.

I hope everyone can make the auction even if you can't afford to buy anything. Come on out and enjoy the evening. It's a great chance to party with your friends and get acquainted with new folks.

See you at the auction.........Gordy
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

grasshopper

I have never been to this auction before.

What kind of items are exceptable to donate for the auction?

Any kind of motorcycle part?

What about non motorcycle related stuff?

Help me out a bit here and maybe I can donate something.

I also want to give the best description of this auction to my friend and his family. He is a motorcycle nut case and his wife loves auctions.

Tool and die makers who are motorcycle freaks have parts laying around everywhere.

Thanks

Nick

spyderchick

Well, you can donate just about anything, but it should relate to the motorcycle crowd or have wide general appeal.

Some years the weirdest stuff gets auctioned off, like a cooler full of ice. One year we donated snackie cakes and cheezie poofs. I thought it would go for around $20, it fetched $75, but those are one time things relating to that particular time.

The items donated from year to year are always diverse, there's always some stuff donated and signed by the AMA guys, almost every year someone pulls a bike they no longer need in their garage and donates that. Sometimes they run, sometimes they don't. There's been everything from racebikes to scooters.

There's usually some pretty nice motorcycle art, certificates for products & services, helmets, boots & gloves, parts & tools, a few things for the ladies. (There's a really nice floral arrangement that's been donated), lots of t-shirts, jackets & hats. You never know, and that's part of the fun.

The best description would be: A whole bunch of MC racers, family anf freinds, gathered for a party, looking to find a real gem, or maybe a bit of a deal, supporting a really great cause. Some times it's gets a bit rowdy, (margarita ball and beer might have a little to do with that). Drag all of your friends along!

See you there!  
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Jeff

and the sober man who goes to bed early wins all the races on Sunday morning..
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

Quoteand the sober man who goes to bed early wins all the races on Sunday morning..

LOL...so true.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Mark Bernard

Quoteand the sober man who goes to bed early wins all the races on Sunday morning..

Go to bed too early and your bike could end up in the womens bathroom!  ;D
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

TommyG

mine ended up in the womens shower with road kill on the seat one year....I don`t trust Scott Deitrich any more!

Team-G

Let's dress Denny up like road kill & see if he ends up in the women's shower (again)  :-X

russ1962

Does anyone want to share their donations with the audience here?  Kinda like wetting the appetite?

Alexa, if you share your secret donation to the auction, I'll start saving my pennies.

I know someone who is donating a few select items from Victoria's Secret.
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

Protein Filled

Quoteselect items from Victoria's Secret.

Are they new or slightly used?

;D
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

russ1962

QuoteAre they new or slightly used?

;D

What a Numbskull.  New, silly.
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com

spyderchick

QuoteAlexa, if you share your secret donation to the auction, I'll start saving my pennies.

Nah, it's an impulse item.  ;D You'll just have to wait. I will be bringing the margarita ball,, so bring your thirst.  ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org