Southeast schedule

Started by badmonkey, December 08, 2002, 05:59:45 AM

badmonkey

2 things about the new schedule, Why aren't we going to Kershaw SC and why are we still going to N. Florida. Only a handful of us went there last year from the Southeast and the conditions are terrible. Drop N florida and send us to Summit!!!!!!
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

FUBAR606

I am glad the schedule is finally out. But I agree with you, badmonkey. NFMP is far from a premier track and wish it was not on the SE schedule, especially twice. Even though it is close to where I live, I'd rather drive a farther distance to go to a better track that ran a more organized event.

From what I hear, Barber Motorsports Park will be the talk of the year. And if it is good enough track to be the season finale for AMA Superbike (and possibly future WSB events), I would think we should have more than one weekend there during its inaugural year.

But I would also rather not go back to Kershaw. I see it and NFMP in the same bracket as far as quality of facility. It did run a more organized event, but that is only because the event at Kershaw was organized directly by the CCS event team, which always does a great job.

Let's leave NFMP to the Florida Region riders.

TreyBone

I couldn't agree with yall more.  NFMP is 8 hours away and Kershaw is only 2.  Plus Kershaw is a true Southeast racetrack.  I can't wait to run at the Barber track.

bfkidd

You can go to Summit. Who's stopping you?

I do agree with N. Florida. I have tried to attend every event the last few years, but I think I am going to stay at home during those two races. I will probably go to Barber, but I wouldn't go more than once a year.

You can't schedule more than one date at a new track. They all did that for Rausch Creek and look what happened. You have to look at it from a realistic standpoint instead of idealistic.

I don't mind kershaw because it is the second closest track to where I live. But that is the only thing it has going for it. It is my least favorite track.

I wish Road Atlanta was back on the schedule!!!

ronin

???I am in total agreement, why are SE people driving so far south, when Kershaw is so much closer and a much better facility? Hey CCS, put kershaw back on and leave NFMP to the florida racers!

badmonkey

I'm not saying I will not go to Summit I just wish it were on the SE schedule rather than N Florida.
Kershaw has greatly improved the facilitys in the past year so it's not nearly as bad as it was. Road A would be nice but there are politics involved. I'm just looking at the lesser of 2 evils and rather go to Carolina  than N Florida. like it's been said leave it to the florida region.

FUBAR606

I think some of my comments may have been misunderstood. NFMP is actually the second closest venue to me (Daytona being the closest), and I would still rather drive a farther distance to go to a better track, read, NOT Kershaw.

The way I see it, NFMP has two strikes against it. One, the track has not come along in a timely manner, in part, as I understand it, due to poor management. Secondly, all CCS races at NFMP are organized by an entity other than CCS event personnel. The only reason I even entertain going to an event at NFMP is because it is in fact on the schedule, and when you are vying for regional (SE)points, you'll go where the schedule takes you.

I may live in Florida, but I am not a "Florida region racer." There is a reason I choose the SE schedule...I like the variety of tracks, and I don't mind driving to quality. Truth be known, I'd rather drive 11 hours to VIR or 8 hours to Barber, than the 2 hours to NFMP, especially how I see the events are run there.

funksouljon

I too reside in FL, but am a SE racer. So I understand the plight of a long drive to get to the track.
Personally, I like schedule. NFSMP is only 80 minutes from my house, so I am willing to suffer with some of the shortcomings.
No arguement that it isn't of the caliber of VIR, but she's still new.
Also notice the lack of back to back weekends. Thanks CCS!
Don't listen to the guys at Point Blank Racing. I've met em, they are weird. Even for racers! ;)

CCS

The schedule was put together with input from the questionnaire we had in the R.O.C. mailer. hence the dates at some facilities and the absence of others. NFMP has new management, and at least on paper, they are much easier to deal with. We will see during the first event there what happens.

Geopraphically, we have Columbia SC as the center of the Southeast region, and we base the travel times on calculations from that point, so yes, some tracks are father away or closer depending on which  end of the region you live, but overall the travel time for the complete season is as balanced as we can make it.

We try to not schedule back-to-back weekends, but sometime those are the only dates that the track has available, this year we were lucky.

As far as Barber and Road Atlanta go, Road Atlanta has never responded to our requests for a date there, and the Baber facility already has quite a full schedule so two dates there was not possible this season. Even in the future the best scenario will be one CCS regional and one CCS/Formula USA combined race. Barber is expensive, and it is popular with cars and motorcycles already, so we are lucky to get the date that worked with our schedule.

Good Luck to all of you in 2003.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

B-MAC

You better be coming to Summit!  Mr. Bad monkey spanker - hehe :-*

badmonkey

I will be spanking the monkey at summit for the team challenge if I can find a rider for a teammate who's worth a dam...LOL :o :o :o :o :o

Thingy

I heard that they are not doing Team Challenges anymore, possibly because of a lack of interest in regions other than the Mid-west.  Can anyone confirm if we are doing TCs next year?  If so, I'm in!
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!