News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Scoop!  CCS tentative schedule released!

Started by sdiver68, December 08, 2002, 05:58:27 AM

TiffineyIngram

A twin sprint is a pretty cool way to earn points.  An example of the twin sprints was the April Road America of 2002.  Please keep in mind this is only an example and this may not be the format we go with for the '03 season.

Friday:  all GT races
Saturday:  all sprint races
Sunday:  all sprint races, same races as Saturday, only with the schedule inverted (Race 1 on Saturday would be the last race on Sunday, and vice versa)

So, it's not "true" double points, but it is an opportunity to get twice the number of sprint points in one weekend.  

It is not that we make certain tracks twins sprints or double points to force you guys to race there.  These facilities can handle the huge crowds associated with twin sprints weekends (those of you that have attended our Road America know what I mean).  Your safety is the most important thing on our minds--we wouldn't jeopardize your health or life just to up our rider attendance.

Dawn

QuoteWhat exactly is a "twin sprint"???

They run two full race schedules.  For example if you run only LWSS, they would have on race on Saturday and another on Sunday.

Dawn   ;)

sdiver68

Pop quiz time ;D

Twin Sprint =

a)  Having 2 races for each class on the weekend instead of the usual 1, i.e. 2 MWSS, 2 ULGP, etc...

b)  Rider and Mechanic (or Umbrella girl, take your pick) have to sprint to bike, start, and go.... like old Le Mans starts.

c)  A weekend in which the Ducati World Superbike Team shows up.

d)  Short for Twinkle sprint...in which case there is only 1 bathroom open at the track.
MCRA Race School Instructor

TiffineyIngram

Steve, you are a goofball.

;D

I'm thinking all of the above could be entertaining.

Thingy

Hey Tiffany-

Historically, TS weeknds have excluded the GT events all together.  Are you saying that the GT events will be held on Fridays of all the TS weekends?  Just trying to get an idea of whether I can actually take the Fridays off.

PS - Are you going to return my call that I left you last week?

Thanks.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

TiffineyIngram

GT classes may or may not be excluded from the schedule for next year's twin sprint weekends.  I just used the example of this year's April Road America.  It's up to Kevin whether the GTs run.

Bill--In an effort to become more efficient, I tried to check my messages from home.  Apparently I went into a very wrong menu and deleted anything that was in there--I'm very sorry for not returning your call, my blonde half decided to make life really hard on my red-head half.

::)

OmniGLH

What...... no Grattan???   :(

Thanks for getting the schedule out... I'll race wherever. Part of my goals for next year is to try to hit every new track, so they're not "new" when I go Ex in '04...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Jeff

QuoteHowever, if you make the trip you will be rewarded with a very nice new track

I think MAM can be a "jewel" track much as RA currently is.

MAM completely sucked when I was there this last June.  Don't get me wrong, the facilities are gorgeous and the layout is decent.  However, they put this "sealant" down on the track which may as well have been axle grease.

What sucked about my MAM experience
* 10 hour drive
* Wadding up in my 2nd lap of practice (dirt slow through turn, but the sealant was ungodly greasy)
* Hot...  Like Africa type hot... (black unvented leathers)
* dust, dust and more dust
* carb problems *all* weekend long.

Hopefully it will be better this year.  If not, to hell with it and I'll just run a few extra weekends at Gingerman.  I fell in love with that track after merely 1 weekend this year.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

sdiver68

What sealant?  I remember excessive OIL DRY in the morning practice on Friday that you had to tiptoe through but they got that swept up after complaints.  I remember a bad sealant at Road America in 6 and 8....

Hot and Dusty...well that was just the weather can't blame that on the track.  Yeah, it was miserable but I'm not sure how you can blame an unseasonable hot and dry spell on the track???  Like blaming RA for last seasons miserable cold and wet.

Carb problems blaming it on the track???  Hey, at least your new FI should stop that :)

10 Hour Drive...sounds like many of us Great Plainers driving to RA....

I'm not trying to argue with you as we all have different opinions on the tracks and that's cool...just don't want to discourage others from going to a great track.

MCRA Race School Instructor

Thingy

QuoteGT classes may or may not be excluded from the schedule for next year's twin sprint weekends.  I just used the example of this year's April Road America.  It's up to Kevin whether the GTs run.

Bill--In an effort to become more efficient, I tried to check my messages from home.  Apparently I went into a very wrong menu and deleted anything that was in there--I'm very sorry for not returning your call, my blonde half decided to make life really hard on my red-head half.

::)

Tiffany-  That is cool.  I just didn't know if I should give you another call.  I will try to give you another call in the next day or so.

Let us know when you find out about the GT races.  I wonder how many Fridays I can toke off.  Probably not enough... :-[
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Jeff

QuoteWhat sealant?  I remember excessive OIL DRY in the morning practice on Friday that you had to tiptoe through but they got that swept up after complaints.  I remember a bad sealant at Road America in 6 and 8....

Through turn 3, you had about an 18" inside line which was decent, and then there was a strip of sealant 3' wide and about 20' long.  It was like glass.  Outside of that strip (if you went the outside route), there was so much dust on the track that you couldn't get decent grip.  

Turn 11 had the same stuff on it, but had a wider inside line which made the track easier to manage.

I'll concede in that a majority of what made my weekend suck was in no way the fault of the track.  However, the track did have its own share of issues.  

A large number of people I talked to at the track that weekend were very disappointed with the surface of it.  Corners were coming apart, and the pavement was absolute hell on tires.  If you recall, they even had a steam roller out there to lay the corners back down after the races.  There's something wrong with a bike being able to rip up pavement that way...

I'm not trying to discourage anyone, just sharing my personal experience.  Your's may vary.  Lord knows, there's been enough b1tching that if people were discouraged on any track based on comments Blackhawk should be out of business...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

tshort

Why no Putnam?  This is one of the nicest tracks I've ever ridden on (including RA) - WERA are there  a couple of weekends, why not CCS?
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128