Hey all you 250 Guru's...I need help!

Started by MightyDuc Racing, December 07, 2002, 07:25:12 PM

MightyDuc Racing

This is a mirror of a post in the wrenching section, as well:

I am about to trade my streetbke for a 99 SV650 and a 1990 NSR250. The problem is, I don't know much of anything about 250's. It is a Japan version streetbike w/no US title. First, can I get a street title for it here in FL, and second...he tells me that it starts and runs fine, but it has some kind of electrical issue. I guess the computer that runs the ignition in the tail section gets hot and wants to melt the connections. He has been told that it has a bad voltage regulator. What is your take on he problem, and if it is the voltage regulator, how much trouble will it be for me to get my hands on one. Also...I may just consider selling the 250 outright...any ideas what it's worth and anybody interested? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TZDeSioux

I had a 89 NSR250 a few years back that I sold to a fellow racer. The parts can be acquired through www.rscycles.com or www.gpstar.net Don't expect to get parts easily though for your 90 is fairly old. I've also heard of guys getting it titled but I think most guys get it titled in another state with less restrictions on such things then get it transfered in their home state. Check out www.nsr250.com for all the info.  :)

Super Dave

You're dealing with a street bike 250.  Can make things kind of hard.  There is a guy down south that sells these for WAY TOO much money.  So, hoping that you didn't meet up with him.  
Super Dave

dave333

Quoteit has some kind of electrical issue. I guess the computer that runs the ignition in the tail section gets hot and wants to melt the connections. He has been told that it has a bad voltage regulator.

I have never worked on an NSR, but I would stay away from that one.  Seems like a problem child and electrical problems are a real pain in the keyster to chase down.  I would place a value of $50 on the NSR.  He should give you $50 to haul it away...