tl1ooor fi light ?

Started by runner, August 02, 2005, 01:01:07 PM

runner

Just recently on my pride and joy(TL1000R) ive noticed a red light on the dash and it flashes fi.
Is this somthing to worry about and should i get it looked at. Im running a set of race cans and im woundering if its somthing to do with the fule injection or(mixture) even tho i carnt realy notice any change to the bike. Or is it some kind of fault finder i would be extremly greatful for any help.
 PS its a 1999 bike.
                                               Thank you.

Bernie

Does the bike run while it is on?  Does the FI light come on and stay on?  Will the bike start with it on?

I must confess I don't know the answers, but I've got a 99 TLR and about every two years the same thing happens to my bike.  It will not start.  I have only gotten the gremlin to go away by unpugging and replugging every wiring connection, but I have no idea what the root cause is.

runner

The bike seems to run fine while the light is on but ive been told its a fuel injetion broblem.
It could be that the jets need cleaning out or a
problem relating.
Ive also been told not to run the bike any distance as this can cause engine problems and even lead to transmission damage.
Im hoping to get it into my suzuki dealer soon and when the problem is solved il let you know and hopefully be of some help.

Bernie

I will be interested to hear what you find out.