Put your head down (on your desk?)

Started by PaulV, August 01, 2005, 10:04:12 AM

r1owner

I did a quick cut and paste into Excel for the 04 results for Gingerman for July.  It looks like 334 separate entries.

Just looked at the 05 results, looks like 430 separate entries.

Jeff

And in contrast, the 7/16-17 BHF weekend shows 454 entries per the results...

I'd say this warrants a 2 day event...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I would say too.

Seems ridiculous to jam it all up.  Bad enough as it is.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

Last time I went to Gingerman was in 01. It was a 2 day event, albeit it also was combined with GLRRA.  >:(

Didnt race due to how screwed up the GLRRA guys ran it. Had to run by GLRRA rules. Would had been nice to know BEFORE I drove all the way out there since I would had just said f-it and not went.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tzracer

QuoteAnd with a little luck maybe venues like Road America may start to feel the competition and become more receptive to a mid or later season club level event.

I spoke with the general manager while we were up at RA in April. Except for 3 days (all 3 were in the next week), RA was rented EVERY day until November. Even if CCS wanted a date, there are none available.

Personally, I would prefer racing at Grattan to Gingerman. ISTR hearing that Grattan needs to be repaved.

Didn't really like ACC North, and after reading Jeff's report, I may not bother going to the FUSA race there. I am not very fond of Alan Wilson designed tracks.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

I'm with you.  Alan Wilson tracks blow.

MAM is "ok", Barber didn't excite me, at best Gingerman is fair.

HPT is not Alan Wilson designed, and it's an outstanding layout.  VIR absolutely rocks.  I'd drive the 900 miles to go there vs 240 to Gingerman.  

Natural road courses are just more "natural"?  Sears Point is my absolute favorite, but I haven't ridden on the changes they made for the AMA yet.
Super Dave

Jeff

QuotePersonally, I would prefer racing at Grattan to Gingerman. ISTR hearing that Grattan needs to be repaved.

It just sucks to drive right past Gingerman and continue for 1 1/2 hours to get to Grattan.  If they repaved Grattan, it would be great.  But when I was up there last year, I was VERY disappointed (to the point that I wouldn't go back unless they repaved it) with the surface.

QuoteDidn't really like ACC North, and after reading Jeff's report, I may not bother going to the FUSA race there.

I really enjoyed the N. course.  The pit out leaves a bit to be desired (on both courses).  I think my biggest complaint is the rough surface on the South course and the guard rails which separate the two courses...

Oh yeah, the N. course is not going to be so smooth anymore.  A car burned TO THE GROUND in the middle of T6 (yes, on the track).
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Scott

On race entries:

I do not think it is fair to compare BHF entries to Gingerman entries.

At BHF I do 7 races.  Two on Sat.  Five on Sun.

At Gingerman I did 4 because they were all jammed into one day and I didn't wany any back to back's.

I bet a lot of people reduced the number of races they did for the same reason, thus reducing the entries, maybe not the number of competitors.

I drove around the pits during the quite-a-thon and counted 155 different race bikes.

On a side notes, isn't pitting on the pavement at Gingerman, and not hearing about pit bikes 1000 times MUCH nicer than the BHF pits!

MORE RACES AT GINGERMAN!!!

PaulV

:)Outstanding job on the letter Jeff!
Kevins response seems very acceptable and would be even better if we could make the change for Oct.
In my eyes, this needs to happen.  Scotts' reduced number of entries tells another story of why.
Thanks for everyones feedback and support on the issue.

Sincerely,

Paul
MW#292
See Better, Ride Safer!

Nik

QuoteIt just sucks to drive right past Gingerman and continue for 1 1/2 hours to get to Grattan.  If they repaved Grattan, it would be great.  But when I was up there last year, I was VERY disappointed (to the point that I wouldn't go back unless they repaved it) with the surface.

).

I have a hard time understanding that.  I agree that
Grattan is a bumpy piece of shit in places, but it's no worse than gingerman.  Grattan has a few small bumps in the middle of 2, a little dip in 3 and 7, the sweeper has some ripples, and then again in 10b.  Pretty comparable to Gingerman really.  Grattan looks worse, because of all of the different stirps and patches, but it doesn't ride any worse when you consider some of gingerman's problems.  Gingerman has those ridges that are really pronounced in 2 and 7.  It has a couple of dips that bottom the bike in 8 and 11.  And 8 is not much different than grattan's sweeper.  And the braking zone for 11 is worse than any braking zone that grattan has.  I'd say their pretty much a wash, just depends on which one you know better.

Jeff

Nik, you're probably right.  I just get REAL nervous over the patches, strips and sealers.  There are multiple layers and compounds.  I didn't really know how they would react to a tire, so I had no confidence in the track.

Gingerman has its rough spots, but it is a VERY consistent track.  Perhaps Grattan is the same, but I don't have the time on it to know...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

dylanfan53

Been on both every year and love them both.  Been there this year too.  Love Grattan's layout but I don't like racing there.  Saw a fatality there last year that may affect my opinion, but I think the surface is worse than BHF before repaved.  Where else do you get water bubbling up through a bus stop on a beautiful sunny day?

All due respect...IMHO and all that, I think Gingerman's way better.  Maybe it depends on suspension setups.
Don Cook
CCS #53