Put your head down (on your desk?)

Started by PaulV, August 01, 2005, 10:04:12 AM

PaulV

Ok,
so did anyone/everyone find our 2 hours of quiet time at Gingerman excessive? ???
It is possible that I do not know or understand the reasoning but, is this not a race track/facility?
If we have to have 2 hours of quiet time on Sundays then why do we stuff all races into Sunday?
Gingerman is a nice track/facility but seems to be just one of many A. Wilson designed coarses on the MW/GP schedule.

Paul
MW#292

See Better, Ride Safer!

Team-G

I used the time to try and get into Debuhr's head...it didn't work.  My boy spent 2 hours trying to convince me to buy him a pocket rocket.  That didn't work either.

PaulV

Yeah,

didn't work for me either, about all it did do was put me into Chicago traffic at 3pm on a Sunday.
Couple that with a toll booth operator O.D.ing on something much stronger than cough meds and it was a less than pleasurable trip home.

How about we get another RoadAmerica date on the schedule instead of any track that demands 2 hours of quiet time on race day?
See Better, Ride Safer!

Team-G

and what about the spectators...so Jenny had to cook breakfast AND lunch, clean the trailer, clean the grill, change my tires, check pressures, sweep the paddock, scrub the bug splat off my wind screen and give me a foot massage.  Otherwise she would have just sat around all day and been bored...

PaulV

"so Jenny had to cook breakfast AND lunch, clean the trailer, clean the grill, change my tires, check pressures, sweep the paddock, scrub the bug splat off my wind screen and give me a foot massage.  Otherwise she would have just sat around all day and been bored..."
ummmmmmm soooooo,
maybe 3 hours of quiet time would be better?
See Better, Ride Safer!

Team-G

At least 2 1/2; as I remember it was from 9:30 to 12:00.  ;)

Super Dave

Don't get me started about Alan Wilson...

Hope you guys had a decent time though.

Two hours of silence.  I think it's a local ordinance for churches.  I think Road Atlanta has a similar set up.
Super Dave

dylanfan53

QuoteTwo hours of silence.  I think it's a local ordinance for churches.

It's the price they had to pay to pacify the pious locals, some of whom aren't really pious.  They're really former Chicagoans who went to MI for the bucolic scenery, fruits and veggies only to find a race track going up in their neighborhood.

And don't whine to me about the drive home.  Although I was opening a beer at home a little over an hour after leaving the track, I go through three rush hours to get to BHF for Friday morning practice and similar torture to get back on Sunday night.

Apparently there are also pious Chicagoans who go to Wisconsin for the farms, fruits and veggies (oh, and cheese.)  

:)

Don Cook
CCS #53

r1owner

Yes, the quiet time was a different experience for me for sure...

I don't think it is a good idea to schedule all those races in one day, ESPECIALLY when you have to observe that quiet time.

Gingerman is a tough track though!  I really don't like all the different "lanes".  Especially the one in turn 2 that put me into the grass during the F40 race!  :P

PaulV

Ok,

so thats the why quiet time, and OK Don, being a more local track for you is nice too I'm sure.
But the quiet time coupled with the every race on Sunday schedule is total bullshit.  
With new venues coming up like I39, ACC etc... it will be nice to have more choices for club racing in the MW/GP hopefully with less quiet time/schedule restrictions on race days.
And with a little luck maybe venues like Road America may start to feel the competition and become more receptive to a mid or later season club level event.

Paul
MW #292

See Better, Ride Safer!

PaulV

"Gingerman is a tough track though!  I really don't like all the different "lanes".  Especially the one in turn 2 that put me into the grass during the F40 race!"
Hey R1owner, that was you?
I was right behind you when you went off, trying to watch your line.   And then it was like "Hey where are you going?"
You were cooking right along up to then.
Hope the rest of your day went better.

Paul
MW #292
See Better, Ride Safer!

extrakt0r

You all do realize that we only lost one hour of track time?

We still would have lost 1 hour for lunch, so really we did not lose 2 due to city ordiances....

IF CCS would have made it a 3 hour brake that would have been silly.

I had the last race of the day and live 12 hours away, it wasn't that bad....

I would imagine it is more of a rule they put in place for the cars vs. bikes that race there. We are not as loud as a V-8 running around that track...  :-/
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion