News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Gingerman/Waukesha

Started by Team20, July 27, 2005, 10:56:09 AM

Team20

I have a small issue, Thursday the wisdom teeth come out and Friday I want to head to Gingerman. My normal partner/teamate can't go, the wife is working. SO, I have room for one guy/gal and gear or does someone have room for a similar schedule? I can leave anytime on Friday and plan to hotel it in Benton harbor or south haven. I am running AM GTO and GTU and that's it. Give me a ring if I can help or you can help. I just don't want to go it alone just in case.

Thanks
Jim
262-613-5648 leave message

Eric Kelcher

Wisdom teeth then racing two days later better think about that again. The pain meds make it unadvisable to ride/drive. Most people have a couple day min of lounging/recovery generally a week before you are off meds completely.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Team-G

Check with Ed Kwatarski from Track Side Engineering; he was looking for a ride along or ride with up there.  He lives in Wauwatosa.

spyderchick

QuoteWisdom teeth then racing two days later better think about that again. The pain meds make it unadvisable to ride/drive. Most people have a couple day min of lounging/recovery generally a week before you are off meds completely.

Actually, that depends on your doc and the procedure. I've had extractions and was working inside of 2 hours.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Burt Munro

QuoteActually, that depends on your doc and the procedure. I've had extractions and was working inside of 2 hours.

But then again, you're a woman! ;D
My wife likes to remind me how men don't know what real pain is. :P
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Jeff

QuoteMy wife likes to remind me how men don't know what real pain is. :P

spoken by someone who's never been kicked in the junk.

(typed by someone who's never given birth.. yeah I know...)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Pain medication just makes me sick...

And lying on the floor puking up the pain medication was worse than the pain from the hernia repair.

We don't need no stinkin' drugs... 8)
Super Dave

dylanfan53

I heard about a study recently that compared pain among women versus men.  I couldn't remember where I saw it so I googled "man vs women pain" or something similar.
The first thing that came up was a bondage,com forum.  What the heck, I thought, they should know something about the subject.  So I read a few pages.
I hope I can get to sleep tonight.  I'm creeped out.  :o

Don Cook
CCS #53

Nate R

Extractions? But have you had wisdom teeth extracted, Alexa?

I've had many regular extractions. (Prep for braces. Too many teeth for my mouth)

But the wisdom teeth were a whole different ball game. 2 out at a time,

NO way would I have been racing 2 days later either time. The Vicadin WAS good though!  ;D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

K3 Chris Onwiler

I had 4 wisdoms done at once.  I was at a party 2 hours later, letting my jaws gently soak in Southern Comfort.  You'll have some stiches and some swelling.  The helmet may not want to fit your face, and once it's on, you'll just have to swallow the slow trickle of blood that flows for several days.  If you crash and blow the stitches, you'll really freak the paramedics out!  Personally, I wouldn't race unless it was for a championship.  If a championship is on the line, nothing is impossible.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Team20

Thanks for all the medical advise, I understand that this may not happen due to pain,swelling,etc... I just want to get there and then make the call, I can always watch if I can't ride. I don't want to be sitting at home on Sunday feeling great and only be wishing I was there. Now, does anyone need a ride? ;D

Thanks
Jim

Team20

Just got home and my face is huge, but I still want to go, anyone????????????????????

Team-G

Might try Ed Kwatarski @ 262-366-0591; he was looking for a travel partner.

spyderchick

QuoteExtractions? But have you had wisdom teeth extracted, Alexa?

I've had many regular extractions. (Prep for braces. Too many teeth for my mouth)

But the wisdom teeth were a whole different ball game. 2 out at a time,

NO way would I have been racing 2 days later either time. The Vicadin WAS good though!  ;D

Yup, and Dr Nellen is the man. My sister, who is deathly afraid of anything dental, had to be sent home the day she was to have her wisdon teeth removed because she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and Dr. Nellen wanted a calm patient.

She went back about a week later, and even the meds he gave her weren't enough to toally chill her out before having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. After her procedure that day, she said she never wanted to see a regular dentist again, she would only go to Dr. Nellen.He's an oral surgeon, so that wasn't really an option, but you get the idea.

Rhiannon's had hers out with him also, and I highly recommend him to anyone in the southeast Wisconsin area.

The biggest thing is to follow the instuctions to a "T". Don't smoke, drink carboonated beverages, (this includes beer), and all the other little things they tell ya.

BTW, I'm allergic to anything narcotic based, so I don't do pain meds. You heal faster without them anyhow.  ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Team20

Thanks everyone, I just got off the phone with Ed and if all goes well we will be heading over together. All the novicaine (spelling?) is worn off and the pain is setting in, if it does not get worse I think it will be a go. I plan on no pain killers, so I probly won't by high when out on the track (jk) :-/

tzracer

I had my wisdom teeth removed (4). No stitches. Not a big deal. Went to work the same day. I was riding my street bike the next day.

But I rode my street bike to go to the doctor after I broke my colar bone (in 2 places), so I may not be the best person to ask about pain, whatever that is. The doctor gave me a funny look when I walked in carrying a helmet.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Nate R

Well, I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth. (sideways) One was so bad the dentist had to grind away jawbone to get it out. Even then he was wrenching pretty good. My jaw was sore for a long time. I also had a dry socket problem. When he ripped it open, I nearly fainted. That dentist was rough, but his work was very good. Now that he's retired, I have a new dentist, and I see what modern dentistry is like. Very nice. Old dentist was in his mid-70s, and still using 1970s tools and technology, and working alone. New dentist doesn't hurt a bit.

Anyway, some respond differently. If you can race, good luck!
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

spyderchick

Quote... Old dentist was in his mid-70s, and still using 1970s tools and technology, and working alone. New dentist doesn't hurt a bit.

Anyway, some respond differently. If you can race, good luck!

Voodoo dentistry, the reason so many are fearful of going in. If you were in that much pain, they didn't do the job right, so I wouldn't say "nice work". Dude, if you are ever in need of a decent dentist, go to the Clemence dental group in Hales Corners. See Dr. Connor, (although Clemence is good too). Reasonable, down to earth, and they know their stuff.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Team20

Well 24 hours after the removal, no pain or swelling.......... So look for AM124.

See Ya
Jim