News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit Point Schedule

Started by clutch, July 24, 2005, 01:03:48 PM

clutch

QuoteI dont think you have to worry about yourself...just some hothead out there pushing to hard for no reason at all.  :-/ I wonder how many people in CCS have run that track...who is going in there that will be fast as hell from the start of the weekend?? I bet the lap times are going to be all over the place! :o

YEP...hopefully everyone will ride with some common sense.  I wonder where we would all pit, since the paddock is the size of little league ball field.  I have ridden it in two different configurations and was NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!  seriously, I hope CCS and WERA both make the right descisions.

Eric Kelcher

As I understand it noone has ridden the race configuration since the changes were made to the track layout. See the other post as Kevin is/was looking for riders to evaluate the track as it is configured now; I think the practice is either this week or next.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

gpstar1

QuoteYEP...hopefully everyone will ride with some common sense.  I wonder where we would all pit, since the paddock is the size of little league ball field.  I have ridden it in two different configurations and was NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!  seriously, I hope CCS and WERA both make the right descisions.
Don't have to worry about me I'll be right there right up front with yah. ;) Just hope everyone is smart about the decissions they make out there.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

divein6

QuoteAs I understand it noone has ridden the race configuration since the changes were made to the track layout. See the other post as Kevin is/was looking for riders to evaluate the track as it is configured now; I think the practice is either this week or next.

running that track the opposite way that tpm ran it is a terrible idea. the walls are way closer running taht way and the speed is faster

Eric Kelcher

Okay I got myself confused on the direction with different layouts. sorry.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

lilbuj

Well if the walls are that close maybe more people should have enough sense not to ride on that track.
I for one will not be even doing a track day at that track until they move the walls about 100 yards back. I get a kick out of the fact that MotoGP Riders don't feel safe at Laguna Seca due to the proximity of the walls and people are even considering racing/ riding at this Shendanhoa Circuit.

I would feel safer riding on the street.