News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ducati 748 - 998 Reliability Question

Started by 8Ball, December 04, 2002, 12:12:01 PM

bweber

BTW, I don't think Kevin Hanson was "just trying to impress" this year when he took a 99 996 and won three Expert Supertwins championships.  Prior to Hanson owning the 996, Jason Knupp raced that same bike, completely stock, for two years and won a GLRRA Expert Supertwins championship.  They both whooped a bunch of RC51's in the process.  
I just noticed that Ceesthadees is an amateur.  I wonder how much experience and knowledge is in his head?  I doubt it is it enough to back-up his mouth that obviously must get him in trouble.

ceesthadees

Oh now, now. I am just kidding around. Everybody knows it 99% rider, 1% bike. I have a lot of friends with Ducks and I give them the same sort of ribbing.

The only point I was making is that Ducati's are a expensive for racing at the club level and they have the same crash issues as the Japanese bikes.

btw. I have only been racing bikes for two years, been riding them for 26.

"idiotic metaphors", ouch!

tcchin

Not to add fuel to the fire, but Ducatis just seem to be a little less forgiving of gravity than 'normal' bikes (gratuitous Darryl Gates reference). I have prepared and repaired my share of R6's, GSXR's, ZX6's and CBR's and not once have I had to take to a motor with a tig welder to repair a bisected mounting lug. Unfortunately, this is alleged to be a common affliction in crashed Ducatis, and we're batting 1000 so far in that regard with our 748. The scary thing is that the cracked lug went unnoticed until the frame shop looked for it specifically as part of their standard Ducati crash damage inspection.

tcchin

As for the idiotic metaphors, what else is there to do in Florida in the offseason??

As a side note, if we were talking about racing a 999 or 749, then indeed the baby would be quite ugly. Capable, perhaps, but profoundly ugly.