News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Steel Shoe ice race

Started by the_weggie_man, December 04, 2002, 09:20:42 AM

the_weggie_man

Ok all you ice riders ........

The 8th annual Steel Shoe Fund 3hr ice race is coming up on January 19, 2003 at Gimmer's Sunset Marina on Lake Koshkonong in Ft Atkinson, WI.

Put a team together and come out to help injured flat track racers.  The Steel Shoe Fund is a branch of the Wegman Benefit Fund that helps seriously injured dirt trackers just as the Wegman helps roadracers.

Entry fee is $100 per team (2 -4 riders per team)

Sign up is 8:30 - 10 in the bar at Sunset Marina. Practice is 9:30 - 11 and the race starts at noon.

Classes are Lightweight 125 - 200cc, middleweight 201 - 350cc and open 351cc and up.

NO quads, mini-bikes or scooters allowed and AMA ice race fender rules will apply.

More info at 262-754-0686 or steelshoe@wi.rr.com
For race day conditions call 920-563-5702

Insulated steel shoes are suggested ......

Dawn

We're comming!!!!!!

One question though, can we sign up ahead of time?

Dawn   ;)

P.S.  All we have is sorrells, but if they work up nort' they'll work there too.

the_weggie_man

It's been done before, contact Judy Sumner at the contact info. She is handling all the sign up stuff.

roadrashroeser

wow do they race those up there!!!!!!!! :o
Mike Roeser

Eddie#200

Quotewow do they race those up there!!!!!!!! :o

You must live too far south. ;D

the_weggie_man

Haven't had any like that show up yet but ???? Each year brings new teams so .......

Super Dave

QuoteWe're comming!!!!!!

One question though, can we sign up ahead of time?

Dawn   ;)

P.S.  All we have is sorrells, but if they work up nort' they'll work there too.

Yeah, can we get a better grid?

No, Sorrells for me (still have not seen any), but I did order some new boots.  

Do we have a huge testing schedule set up yet? 8)
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Well, since this is a once a year deal we have no points or heat races to grid by so yeah, register early for a better grid. Not that it will do anyone any good though.  3 hrs can change a pole position to a last place result pretty easily.

I think Sorrel was bought out by someone else recently.  I bought a cheap pair of boots (Sno Racers no less  ;D) at Farm and Barn that work great.
Expensive boots are not the way to go because the foot pegs on dirt bikes have a tendency to tear up winter boots.

Testing schedule ...check www.dieseljo.com for ice riding locations and possible dates/times.

EX#996

QuoteYeah, can we get a better grid?

No, Sorrells for me (still have not seen any), but I did order some new boots.  

Do we have a huge testing schedule set up yet? 8)

LOL..!!!  

No - no testing times yet, but I did see my first ice fisherman today.

I'm working on it.  I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton