News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Suzuki Diagnostic Code Reader

Started by gsxrsrad1000, July 05, 2005, 11:44:54 AM

gsxrsrad1000

Here is the deal, I have an 01 gsxr 1000, I took it out this morning and within 30 minutes the bike cut off at speed (65mph) for about three seconds and then cut back on.  Now i noticed that the electrical system seemed to be fine because i had lights and all, but it was like the bike was not getting any fuel.  I thought about bad gas but this happened once a couple months ago.  One thing I noticed was the once the bike cut off, the check engine wording came up and when the bike kicked back in the wording dissapeared.  the bike has 14,000 miles on it and all it has is a TRE and a Slip on Yoshi tri oval.  This happened in the morning just like that other time a few months back.  During the entire weekend, even the day before the bike had no problems and showed no signs of cutting off quickly.  2 Questions first has anyone experienced that? Second, when the check engine light comes on, does it store the code while the light is one and then if the light goes off it looses it, or does it store a code regardless?  This problem is so intermenent that trying to get a code while the check engine wording is on is slim to none.  Thanks any advice or insight would be helpful.
Paul

Thingy

Don't take my word for it, but I believe that it only holds the code when it is having a problem.  You should see the red FI light come on and the LCD say 'FI'.  This is when you need to get the code.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

And there should be a plug that one can trip with some made up wire to get the code number.  Sometimes, Suzuki's will store the code, sometimes they drop it.  If it happens, and you know how to trip the system to get the code without turning off the bike at the time...it can help.
Super Dave

Thingy

Also, I can tell you where the plug is if you want to jump it.  I can also look up the code for you if you don't have a way to do that.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

gsxrsrad1000

Cool thanks, I have all the OEM Service Manuals with the codes and location of plug, I will try that and see if it gives me something.  Thanks for all the help and if I need anymore, I'll let you guys know.  Thanks again.