News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MW/GL/GP 2003 Calendar Photo Submission Deadline

Started by SliderPhoto, December 02, 2002, 09:25:16 AM

SliderPhoto

The deadline for photo submission is December 15th.

Visit my site at www.sliderphoto.com. E-mail me at jackb@sliderphoto.com the photo numbers of any photo you would like included in the calendar. Include the rider(s) name and sponsors. If possible, I'll include sponsor information/logos for the riders who are chosen as the main photo for each month.

I'll try to include as many photos as I can. Please spread the word.

Thanks.

SliderPhoto

Let me also say that I'm looking for all levels of riders. I'm not going to concentrate on the top ten. I'd prefer that the calendar showed a good mix of riders.

Thingy

If Purk does not mind, I would like to vote for his R.A. highside. :o
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Dawn

QuoteIf Purk does not mind, I would like to vote for his R.A. highside. :o

I second that one!

Dawn   ;)

K3 Chris Onwiler

What's up with this calender?  is this something Jack puts together and sells?
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

SliderPhoto

QuoteWhat's up with this calender?  is this something Jack puts together and sells?

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I'm putting together a 2003 calendar. It will contain various photos from 2002 CCS races and I hope to include all the race dates in the calendar portion. I posted about it a few weeks ago and the feedback looked good so I'm going to give it a shot. If it works out, I hope to do it each year.

So e-mail me your favorite shot and I'll try and get it in. :) That one from Gateway is sweet!

Jeff

QuoteIf Purk does not mind, I would like to vote for his R.A. highside. :o

That is a cover shot, or deserves a full page.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Nate R

What approximate price are we looking at? $15???
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

SliderPhoto

QuoteWhat approximate price are we looking at? $15???

Yes, shooting for $15.

Thingy

Suggestions for calendar

Include as many people as possible:
      Ex: On the front cover, have a couple dozen little pictures create a border around whatever is in the center.
      Ex: Possibly have little 2"X1" pictures strung along the bottom or side of each calendar page.

If there is room, maybe you could list the # and name of the MW,GP, GL riders on the back cover.

When the schedule comes out in the next week or so, how about listing the race weekends on the appropriate dates of the calendar?

Main photos:
      Variation... single riders, multiple riders, the pits, crashes, etc.
      Maybe put a blurb with each main pic.
            ...Hanson and Karr dicing for the Supertwins championship.
            ...Racer X in turn 4 on his way to an 8th place finish at Blackhawk.
            ...Racer X getting suspension advice from Super Dave.
            I like your idea of listing the sponsors as well.

Take preorders for the calendar.  I will take three.  Just tell me how much and where to send a check.

PS – Congrats on your new pull-along ride.

-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

SliderPhoto

Right on Bill!

Unfortunately I don't take too many off-track photos, in the pits and stuff. I'll do more of that netx year.  But I'm with you on using small photos as well throughout to get everyone I can in.

I will wait until the schedule comes out and include it in the calendar, definitely.

Gordy do you have a date for the Wegman Auction?  Any other special dates I should include?

Thingy

Another date that can be used is the Awards Banquet in February.
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Gixxer124

I'll take one. (Or I'll take 4 if there's a good picture of me in it! ;D ;D )

SliderPhoto

LOL! I think I need to create an insert for each one! Maybe each July should have a different picture. :)

Of course, I can be convinced to create your own personal calendar. :)

the_weggie_man

Jack,

I'm leaning toward the August 23 date at Blackhawk
for the auction. I'll let you know for sure tomorrow.
Hopefully that date will be a little cooler than our traditional mid-July weekend.

Gixxer124

QuoteOf course, I can be convinced to create your own personal calendar. :)

That's a great idea! A person could request the pictures they would want on the calender. What do you think?

SliderPhoto

QuoteThat's a great idea! A person could request the pictures they would want on the calender. What do you think?
Sure, I can do it, it's just the time involved to put it together.

What I can do is for $125 (+ shipping) give you 5 calendars with 13 photos from my site. One photo for the cover and one for each month. Each additional calendar would be $15.

Basically how it works out is you're paying $50 for the photos and my time to put it together and then $15 each for five calendars. Getting at least 5 calendars will minimize the work for the person doing the printing and binding.

E-mail me if you're interested.
jackb@sliderphoto.com

Thingy

Hey Weggie Man.  I like the August 23 date.  I am thinking of contesting the GP and GL regions.  I wasn't planning on going to the July race.

Of course, no matter when you will have it, I will be there.  I just might have to go to an extra race. :)
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

SliderPhoto

TZDeSioux

how about 65592 and 70907
CCS Amateurs 374 and 117  ;)

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

am125ike

QuoteRider #227... 61211, 61182

i dont know, havent talked to (#227) ........
but unless someone did, i'd ask him if he wanted the one of him getting stuffed after slipping off the line a bit, published .......

hey,
and if someone did talk to him, is he or isnt he staying amatuer for 2003 ???

hi Kim, Dawn......
dr.duck......
erybodie

Nate R

If the date it's due is the 15th, when will you take orders, and when can we expect to see them ???

Thanx! :D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

SliderPhoto

QuoteIf the date it's due is the 15th, when will you take orders, and when can we expect to see them ???

Thanx! :D

I'll start taking orders soon, but the calenders wont be available until after the schedule is final.

I did get a couple calendars done for a friend and I'm very happy the way they turned out.

The price will be $15.