Anybody ever go to Lake Geneva MX?

Started by Jeff, June 17, 2005, 08:20:31 AM

Jeff

Thinking I might run down there tonight to watch the races and see if there'd be a class for my kids...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EM JAY

Nope but was at a club there last week.... ;D
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

DanO966

I used to race up there every friday night back in the day.   ;D
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

251am

It's a neat family set up near freeway.

Super Dave

Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteWhy not dirt track at Aztalan?

I didnt know they still ran there.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

Dave, being completely new to this, I didn't know what tracks were really available for racing/riding/practice/etc.  Aztalan would be a better place to start it seems, since it's not quite as tight as Lake Geneva.  However, if they run the motocross vice stadium motocross, they have a lot more track to deal with vice the short-track full of jumps & whatnot.

I think I'll take them out for a practice and let them give it a whirl...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

I was thinking dirt track at Aztalan.

I did some MX years ago to train, but it is physically more abusive to any body.  

Super Dave

J-Janisch

Just so you guys know, Lake Geneva and Aztaland MX are the two most dangerous places for motocross in the district 16 area......

Jeff

Hey Jesse,

being a veteran who grew up doing this stuff, where should I look to start my kids in dist 16?  Mind you, they have *NEVER* raced (other than each other), but have been riding for 6 years.  
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

J-Janisch

as far as motocross and wanting to start off at a "beginner" track is hard to find,  usually its best to just find a friend w/ a track of build your own, there is a good safe practice track near fondulac, wi called Valley which gives practices every 2nd and 4th saturday and i believe every tuesday night for a small fee, aztaland is a pretty crazy track and normally has around 700 riders which makes the track junk pretty fast, lake geneva is really hard packed and slippery and has crazy big jumps, i'd say start off with maybe flattrack or tt racing, flattrack is at aztaland, at wa ter (beaver dam, wi), chilton - the main three.

Tom Fredricks

I have my boys starting out at Valley motorsports and also the fon du lac ohv track. There are plenty of small cc young kids and also some of us not so young kids. Valley now has 2 tracks so as far as the crowd....there is none :)
T & J racing