Autobahn Country Club, North

Started by Scott, June 14, 2005, 09:14:51 AM

Scott

Did the NESBA day on the North Course on a very hot and humid Saturday.  

Facilites are first class.  You can pit on the pavement, and you get to watch the members bomb around in their expensive cars on the South track.

Course seems to be easy on tires and turns 3,4,and 5 are a great combo.  Couple of increasing radius corners, including the final turn, let you take them faster than you might think.

BUT, turn 1 is a mother, and will quickly seperate the boys from the men.  It will be interesting to see how everyone gets thru there on lap one.

KBOlsen

First-class... Just don't go looking for electricity or showers!  And the grilled chicken salad was excellent!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Speedballer347

I'm making my official comeback this weekend at AutoB.

See ya there  ;D

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Team20

Scott,
Did you runa 600? And how is the gearing from Blackhawk?

Thanks

Scott

I ran the same gearing as Blackhawk, although the course has lower top speeds, so a change may be advisable.  

I'm no expert in gear ratio's though, so.....

Speedballer347

I'm running 14/55 ... that's what I reccommend to you.  Works great!  8)
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Steviebee

Scott

I ran a 15/47.

I guess taking gearing advice is a crap-shoot.

My goal in gearing is to use the lowest ratio (to reduce the number of shifts per lap) whilst not getting "stuck" anywhere (ie, needing to shift mid-corner)

At this track I used only 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on my 600, redlining in 4th on the front straight.  

Speedballer347

Used to run 15/46 on my 600gsxr and worked pretty well.

the 14/55 is on my stuntbike and was a joke, not advice  ;)

Jeff

Quoteturn 1 is a mother

As in the little jink to the left?  Why is this such a 'mother'?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

dylanfan53

For me, it's a little tricky because it comes at the end of the straight and it's tough to gauge entry speed, especially knowing that it's backed up by a tight turn 2.

My guess is that you will have bikes going several wide into that turn at speed and then getting bottlenecked at T2.

I've only been on the track once though so it may just be a matter of getting comfortable on an unfamiliar track.

I hope they did something about a blend line though.  Pit in and pit out are a "pregnant dog", as the censorship software would say.
Don Cook
CCS #53

KBOlsen

South course has a blend line... I don't think I saw one on the north.
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Scott

Jeff:

On the track map it looks easy.  In person it's a very fast left hander that seems to only have one line through it.  So, you blast down the staight, scrub as little speed as you dare, throw it in (knee firmly planted), stand it back up ASAP so you can get on the brakes for 2.  Also, there are some bumps right at the apex.

Maybe for you experts it'll be no problem, but it got my attention.

Scott

You guys are right on the pit out, it's right at the apex of turn one, retarded.

There's only like an 80mph difference in speed right there.

Jeff

Anybody have any knowledge of access after hours?

I tried calling them today but their phone rings once and disconnects...  ???

I'll be coming down Thurs night, but probably won't get there until 10pm or so.  Just wanna find out if I'm sleeping on the road or in the paddock.
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

SliderPhoto

Jeff, specifics might change per renting org, but this was the deal for NESBA:

* Track will be open all evening for you to drop off your trailer, set up camp, etc. Security is onsite and performs periodic patrols of the facilities. During the patrols, the main gate will be locked. There is a cell phone number posted on the registration building to reach the guard while on patrol.

* It appears that they will be charging $30 for camping for the weekend. No electricity or showers are available. There are 2 sets of bathrooms- one in the paddock area, the other is larger and near the concession stand. She also mentioned she will have multiple port-a-pots onsite as well.

* No race motors run until 8am, so you may have to walk your bike through tech.

* There is a noise level station that will be monitoring us as well. She couldn't give me the specifics for bikes, but cars are set at max 105 dB @ 50 feet.

Jeff

Thanks Jack,

Hopefully things will stay the same for us...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

team_spud

Hey who's going to be there this weekend??

SliderPhoto

kerlyb

Anyone know if Autobahn is allowing spectators for CCS races?  I heard this was a problem for the WERA races last month...only riders and crew were allowed in.
Joe
Ex MW 374

roadracer4life