News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Watter wetter?  Evans? or pure H2O????

Started by Apollo, November 28, 2002, 12:10:17 PM

Nate R

When you drain it from the water pump drain plug, you'll get almost all of it out. The water needs room to expand, and you'd need a LOT of pressure to crack a block. A little bit of water left has room to expand, and probably wont crack the cylinder.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

chris_chops

I'm not positive about the inline fours, but I have drained my four-valve and left them in the garage for the winter for the last three years.  I definitely don't want to see your cylinders crack, so hopefully it will be warm enough this year.  You could try putting a thermometer on the engine in the trailer or whatever as a test a couple nights before to see exactly how cold the bike gets.  It takes a very cold night to even come close to freezing water in a bike that is not directly exposed to the elements.  I know this because I forgot a couple of times about the water in the bike when it was in the trailer in the beginning of the winter.  Take care,
Matt

Eric Kelcher

Well we did a test at the beginning of last year to try out several different methods for cleaning up the odd fluid that might end up on the track, Dyno-oil, Semi-Syn oil, Full syn oil, as well as Ethyl Gycol and PG antifreezes.
We found a number of things EG is difficult to clean(big surprise ::) ) up and leaves a residue that comes back slick 20-30 minutes after area is determined "clean". PG can be be cleaned up as easy as Semi-Syn oil BUT it must be cleaned as opposed to water or water wetter and water which is just allowed to dry.

The hardest thing we found to clean? Full Syn that has been heated to 175F and we found special solutions to clean this up. Oil dri wasn't going to cut it.

Has anyone gotten the mailer? Is PG still legal?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition