News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

02 GSXR 750 Cam Chain Tensioners

Started by tomdavid, June 10, 2005, 11:37:45 PM

tomdavid

???
I seem to have developed a " rattle " or " Clatter " in my motor. Someone told me that they thougt I had a tensioner going bad. I don't have the depth of experience with this engine to know what it should sound like.

It seems worse at low revs and very light loads. Doesn't seem to have lost any power and will pull to the rev limiter just like always.

BTW this is pretty stock 750 motor, Just a full Hindle system, mapped for Ult 4, and a K&N.

I'd like to get whatever problem might exist solved before my motor goes kerrrunccch whannggggg expensively. Opinions and guidance sought and appreciated.

Thingy

This is a pretty common problem with the GSX-Rs.  This is what you need.  Easy to install.

http://www.gsxrzone.com/sprockets.html
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

Super Dave

Yeah, common problem on GSXR's since, well, they came out in 1986 here...probably 1985 in Europe.  Might have even been common on GS's, I don't know.  

Super Dave

tomdavid

Thanks for the advice and counsel. It turns out that the tensioner is fine. What they were hearing is the shift link arm from the shift shaft tapping on the fairing. Since I've turned it upside down for GP pattern it is just close enough that under certain conditions it would tap, tap, tap against the rearmost edge of the fairing.

10 seconds with a dremel and the problem is solved

thanks again, I least I know what they don't sound like  ;D