News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

The current points system WT...????

Started by Stone, June 10, 2005, 11:52:03 AM

Super Dave

QuoteStonie: 1)go buy a 600, 2)if it was based on PI, then the guy that raced a few races and won would be champ?, 3)put a decal on your new trailer stating your PI, 4)enough already ;D

LOL!!!!!!!
Super Dave

Super Dave

QuoteThat's exactly the point, SD.  

We recognize there's always going to be the Jensens' who are there for the money, but are not at all CCS events.

Which was exacty my point...

"Ok, shouldn't the racers that consistently have top finished have the top numbers? "

If one shows up only a couple of weekends, you're not consistent.  That person wouldn't be a factor in the club championship.

Mike, I do agree with the different points structure.  The current program pays down beyond a normal grid.  So, if a racer finishes last, they might get half as many points, or more, than a winner of a race.  

Go for it guys!  I've given my input.  Figure it out, write it up, post it here, create support, and submit it now to CCS so that it gets done for 2006.

I've carried number one's.  Your turn.

Super Dave

ahastings

I like Super Dave's solution. Just count your best 5 or so finishes and change the points structure a little bit, so the overall champion is a combination of the better and consistent riders, not just the ones who buy the most entries. The way it is now it is a hollow championship. In the whole scheme of things I don't really think it will effect the number of entries, because it is only a low percentage of racers actually chasing the championships anyway. The points system really needs to be revamped. How can someone who consistently finishes 15th to 20th win a championship just because he hit all the rounds and be proud of it. If that were me I would be embarrassed to even wear that single digit plate.
And while I am complaining how about gridding by points.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor