YSR Envy

Started by gma, June 09, 2005, 10:47:00 PM

gma

For those who don't know me, I'll cut the malecowexcrement and lay it on the line - I'm a freak - I sometimes ride a YSR in full race leathers to Starbuck's.

Stop laughing - I'll explain why that's not so stupid in a moment.

I was at a light the other day and some poor, hairless, girlfriedless, sense-of-self-less Geritol user pulled up next to me in an '05 Black Vette. He looked at me - I looked at him. He smirked at me - under my helmet, I laughed hystarically at him (one of those suppressed, rhytmic, convulsive, shoulder-jerking, choked back, nasal laughs).

"If you water that thing, will it grow?", he shouted.

I didn't even dignify him with an answer - I simply stared, made him visibly embarrased and uncomfortable and let my silence infect his self-inflicted social wound.

The light turning green was his cue to execute his poortly planned mission to prove to me how little I was. He lit the hides as he turned left. In a billow of smoke, he clocked the thing sideway and stuggled for control.

It was actually pretty cool to watch as I still sat at the light taking in the show. First of all, he now sat four inches higher in the seat - owing to the clentching of the human body's largest pair of muscles.

All I saw was a whispy, balding head flanked by hands in a blur as he sawed left then right then left - in completely opposite rhythm of the machine.

The magnetic curb won - he got that thing good, too. Though I didn't see them, I know he made both starboard side rims look like Greta Van Susteren's face.

He sped away and I chuckled and then I went on.

Now ...

I told you that story to tell you this one ...

A Vette or a litre bike on the street is like Angelina Jolie slithering into your bedroom, dropping to her birthday suite, making herself at home in your bed, and motioning you to approach. As you do, she whispers, "You can only put it in a little bit".

A YSR is like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island knocking you on your back, pulling your hair, calling you the child of unwed parents and commanding you at the top of her lungs to exhaust her to the point of unconsciousness.

It's much funner to go fast on a slow bike than it is to go slow on a fast bike.

That is what's not so stupid.

Paying $2.00 for a cup of coffee at Starbuck's and then pouring half of it out to add cream - now THAT's stupid.

brian213

Thanks, that was pretty funny, and true!  :)

-Brian

Woofentino Pugrossi

Reminds me of some old clown in a C5 convertible here who pulled up to my YZF750 at a light and told me "I'll beat that jap piece of s*** to the next light". Well light turned green, and I ened up waiting at teh next light with my kickstand down and elbow on teh tank holding my chin bar up just looking at him as he slowed down. Dang the guy was P'O'ed. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Jeff

Dunno Grif...  I don't think I could get more than a bit into Jolie before crossing the finish line...   8)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r1owner

QuoteDunno Grif...  I don't think I could get more than a bit into Jolie before crossing the finish line...   8)

LMAO!!!!  ;D

tstruyk

QuoteDunno Grif...  I don't think I could get more than a bit into Jolie before crossing the finish line...   8)

LOL.....   :-/     yeah.... me too  

and at that you moment you stand up, raise your hands and declare yourself the winner!!!!

not that....I've .....ever done....that............ ever.   ;D
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Steviebee

I havent laughed that hard in a while !!!!

tigerblade

Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

L8brake731

I guess it's the same as owning all these cool urban combat calibers and always going back to plinking with .22 cal ;D
Cool story!
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

PJ721

get it in Angelina Jolie? hell I doubt I'd last that long...  ::)
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteA YSR is like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island knocking you on your back, pulling your hair, calling you the child of unwed parents and commanding you at the top of her lungs to exhaust her to the point of unconsciousness.
Man, where do I sign up? :o

I've always been a BIG fan of Mary Ann!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

gma

Wow ...

And I thought this would end up as some ignored late night rambling that would quickly fall on the floor.

Thx everyone for all the reads and props. The intent was humor - glad it worked. No doubt we all can use some of that - especially that which we can uniquely relate to.

As for an early checker ...

Try a little batting practice the morning of game night.

I hear this works, but I've never had to find out.

;)

eh427

I have a ysr 50 also and it is a blast to ride on the street. I love getting all the funny looks from people and them asking me if I really ride it on the road.
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

Jeff

QuoteAs for an early checker ...

Try a little batting practice the morning of game night.

I hear this works, but I've never had to find out.

;)

I'll keep that in mind for the next time Ms. Jolie comes over.  

She's like a rental ferrari with free insurance.  There's no way you just couldn't flog that thing to death...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Bernie

QuoteI'll keep that in mind for the next time Ms. Jolie comes over.  

She's like a rental ferrari with free insurance.  There's no way you just couldn't flog that thing to death...

Ritchie Sambora once said it's like owning a used Ferrari, you know you aren't the first one, but when you are in the driver's seat with the thing flat footed, you really don't care.  ;)

PJ721

QuoteI have a ysr 50 also and it is a blast to ride on the street. I love getting all the funny looks from people and them asking me if I really ride it on the road.

Hey Eric....they aren't making the funny looks for the YSR...it's the rider  ;D
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

r1owner

I'm currently restoring a YSR.  You guys have any pictures of yours?

eh427

QuoteHey Eric....they aren't making the funny looks for the YSR...it's the rider  ;D
At least I haven't crashed on it like somebody else I know. ;D
Eric Helmbach
CCS #427
ASRA Team Challenge Overall #1
Chester Auto Repair Racing
Grease Monkey Racing

VryBusy

That was great!  

PJ721

QuoteAt least I haven't crashed on it like somebody else I know. ;D

DOH...I KNEW you'd bring that up!  :P
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650