TLR NEEDS TO SHED SOME LBS.

Started by pap696, November 27, 2002, 05:16:44 PM

pap696

ANY ADVICE TO MAKE MY TLR LIGHTER 8) 8)

Bernie

Sell it and buy a GSXR ;D.  Is yours a race-only bike?  I have taken everything off mine that will come off without a cutting torch and it is still a God-awful heavy beast.  I'm guessing that you have jettisoned the heavy and ineffective rear shock.  Gotten rid of the radiator fans?  A full exhaust system?  Hand and foot controls?

funksouljon

I too am working through the preps for the upcoming season on the new race bike.
Bernie, I had considered the radiator fan removal but wondered about heating issues. No problems with that as long as you don't sit around idleing all day right? I am in the SE region. hmmmmm.

Bernie

I'm in the MA region and I never had any problems with overheating.  Obviously just sitting around with the motor running would get things out of hand on a hot day, but once underway, I never had any overheating issues.

SUPERBIKE_MIKE

you need a new bike bad. really bad . no really really really bad. there is a brand new bike out huge horspower it is the SV650. huge horsepower. gauranteed you will get your BUTT whoped on your TL.