News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

TLR NEEDS TO SHED SOME LBS.

Started by pap696, November 27, 2002, 05:15:16 PM

pap696

KBOlsen

We eliminated all the unnecessary wiring and "street" stuff... aux. air pump... go to an aftermarket exhaust... ???
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

CaSpEr_Dude

start with you hahahahahha just kidding stevooooooooo
nice to see you out here !! good place to start :-/ :-/ :-/

max@traxxion.com

1.  Remove the gas cap.

2.  Push the TLR out from under it.

3.  Roll a GSXR600 back where the TLR used to be.

4.  Reinstall gas cap.

Instant 100 pounds off!

HAHA!!!!  You gotta expect a couple of smart asses...

;D :D ;) :)

sdiver68

LMAO Max...your best post ever, and I'm on the other board as well.  ;D

And so true
MCRA Race School Instructor

Bam55

And if you are still insisting on running heavy weight twins,maybe pick up the all new SV 1000, can't be worse in size for sure! One more thing, if we as racers are hell bent on staying with a certain bike, don't expect to beat the more current models.
  In 92' when the Honda F2 was in it's second year and pretty much dominating top five finishes and grids, a very good friend of mine kept pumping cash in to his FZR to "make it beat the F2's" Needless to say that is exactly what he didn't do,instead he pumped money into nothing. It sucks and no one wants to hear it, but you might  have to retire the TLR to its true home on the street and up date, don't have the money? (Me neither!) Than just run it and have fun, but wins will be few and far between.  :(

sdiver68

Except....

Doesn't Tray Batey do pretty well on his TL-R, speking HWT only?
MCRA Race School Instructor

Bam55

In what, a Suzuki only class of TLR's? Do they have one of those classes in CCS for next year?

Super Dave

I think that's Supertwins for CCS.  I can't remember, but I think so.
Super Dave

tlrj

If done right--a TL-R in race trim can weigh in around 410lbs wet(less if your willing to spend the dough).
1. exhaust
2. shock
3. airbox and tubes(weigh the stock ones--you will be surprised!)
4. cut the rear subframe
5. cable conversion from TL-S
6. wheels
Removing the fans shouldn't hurt whaatsoever....I live in FL and run around with no fans.
http://tl1000r.motorush.com/about.html
I know it's a street bike--but I do have a TL in race trim also....the street bike weighs in about 395lbs wet--race bike is 408lbs wet

funksouljon

Hey Bam55, question for you. Do you race a RC51? Is that why you are down on people racing a TL? ;)

Bam55

No, I wouldn't say I'm down on them, I just realize that if Ed Key can crank an SV 650 down to an absolutely impressive 1:17 or even a 1:18 at Blackhawk, that maybe a smaller more agile twin might be better. Also if you need to borrow parts the SV is certainly easier to round up parts for.
 As for me, I am  glutton for punishment, I have a 01 GSXR-600 and a 02 GSXR 1000. I have the 600 so as to be in grids where sometimes at Road America the last rider in a sprint race can barely see over the hill to see the flag tower. I have the 1000 purely to see if its possible to come out of corners at a forty-five degree angle at all times..........So far, it is!