Finally word from CCS

Started by RI-231, November 27, 2002, 12:00:59 PM

RI-231

This just in from Kevin

"Toby,

I should have read your e-mail earlier. After reading through 30 pages of BBS and 7 rider e-mails (yours was the last) this is the one e-mail that made complete sense.

I have already contacted BHF and set three dates for VRS (4/4, 5/29, 8/21) and 3 Thursdays for SRD (5/8, 7/17, 9/4). We will also do the SRD on Monday following the weekends we do not have the Thursdays. This will give us the information we need to make a decision regarding the 2004 SRD program. (2002's struggle was more with 4 straight rain-outs on Monday's than anything else.)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!"

Kevin Elliott
Manager-Championship Cup Series
Clear Channel Entertainment-Motor Sports
2501 Parkview Dr. Suite 105
Fort Worth, Texas 76102
817-332-4822 x103
817-332-5633 Fax
-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 10:38 AM
To: kevinelliott@clearchannel.com
Cc: visionsprt@netwurx.net
Subject: Please keep the VRS days!!!

Dear Mr. Elliot,

I am writing to express my opinion on the Sport Rider/Visionsports debacle.  I have been a CCS licensed roadracer for the past 5 years.  During this time I have improved my riding skills and have made some great friends.  One of them being Dave Rosno.  Dave has been an outstanding representative for CCS racing.  

I know many racers who have taken the VRS schools.  The racers have dropped their times and have learned valuable information on how to properly set-up a motorcycle.  Dave teaches that proper set-up is worth more than any exotic part.  Suspension is pretty much "black magic" for most riders, and Dave has taken out the mystery for his students.  Dave is an approachable guy, who will bend over backward to help a fellow racer.  He is not in it for himself, but to see the improvement and development of up and coming riders.

I have not had the pleasure of taking one of the VRS schools yet, I have received some valuable information from Dave.  I kept promising Dave that I would take a school from him.  Finally, I got my Christmas gift from my wife, a chance to take the VRS school.  I will be an expert next year and I would like to step-up my riding skills.  I feel that Dave and his instructors have the knowledge to help me become faster without taking excessive risks that put my fellow racers in harms way.  

Championship Cup Series (CCS) ran the Sport Rider program last year.  It was on Mondays following the CCS races at Blackhawk Farms.  From what I gather the program had very little success, I did not even know that there was a track day following the races because CCS did very little to promote the Sport Rider program.  Now CCS wants to move the date to Thursday, an idea that makes little sense.  If the CCS/Blackhawk farms would promote the program more, the Monday events could be more successful like the NESBA days.  

I urge CCS not to take away Thursday from Dave, he has done an incredible amount for the Mid-West region.  If nothing else split the weekend three for CCS and three for VRS.  

Sincerely

Toby Hunemuller

Midwest #231

KBOlsen

This is good news!!!! :D

Anybody seen Dave?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

sdiver68

Outstanding, hopefully Dave is amenable to the compromise, and those who bad mouthed people before given a chance to respond would make nice :)
MCRA Race School Instructor

spyderchick

Even though my e-mail to Kevin didn't make complete sense, I am thrilled that a compromise has been offered. What I see here is racers supporting racing in general. Win/ win is always best.

We luv ya Dave.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Dawn

QuoteEven though my e-mail to Kevin didn't make complete sense, I am thrilled that a compromise has been offered. What I see here is racers supporting racing in general. Win/ win is always best.

We luv ya Dave.

Alexa:

Don't worry my e-mail must not have made complete sense to him either.

Dawn   ;)

RI-231

Hey,

I don't think my email was any better than yours.  I am just glad that CCS changed their minds and I though I would post the whole email and not just Kevin's response.  GO DAVE GO DAVE!  

Have a good Thanksgiving. ;)

Super Dave

Thank you, everyone.

I am hoping to swap the dates with SRD, though.  The three month lay off is long time between schools.  And I think SRD might have a conflict on a monday with California Superbike School.

Maybe this wasn't the best way to take care of things.  Kevin Elliott is a good man.

So, I believe that it is important to relay some thanks to Kevin for his help in this matter.  It is easy to complain, but sometimes it is hard to say thank you.  We forget.  And it is Thanksgiving...
Super Dave

the_weggie_man

Happy to see things are being resolved.  We all need to work together to keep this great sport moving forward.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!