Scotty727 hams it up for the cameras...

Started by spyderchick, June 06, 2005, 06:48:10 AM

spyderchick

Hi Scott, sorry to see the crash, but hey, you got on TV and a mention! You're a celebrity now! ;) Hope both you and the bike are ok.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Woofentino Pugrossi

Seen Dave Fanning on TV also (one of the corner workers from BHF). ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Scotty Ryan

I would have rather finished the race and not been on tv then crashed and got my few minutes of fame. I'm ok, but the bike needs a little work. And I need to find some stuffing for my wallet because that thing is hurting the most. Two crashes - two weekends in a row. Well I guess the bright side to all of this is that now I know I can qualify for an AMA event, I did it on my first attempt and I learned alot. How about it tho Alexa you can see the Spyder Leather patch clear as day, nice huh? I also want to say good job to the other local boys that made the show, Stumpy, Super Dave, Simon Kowalski, Shawn Conrad, Andy F. and Dan Dotty. - Oh and one last thing that I learned from all of this is, being a privateer trying to compete at this level can be very expensive, even if you don't drop your bike. I will be shipping you my leathers in a few days, I kind of lost my knee slider and ended up dragging my velcro on the ground and wore enough off so that I had to tape the slider on..      Later
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Scotty Ryan

Also Dan Ortega, he made the show and was running strong finishing 20th I believe.
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

spyderchick

Well, don't be so down. You have new found knowledge and an experience few get to have. Plus, you'll have video to show your grandkids. "See what grandpa used to do? You young whipper snappers have it too easy..."

No problem on getting the velcro fixed.

And yes, to a big thumbs up to all the locals who competed this weekend.   ;)
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Super Dave

Yeah, you had good TV time.  

I think I had some time in between commercials...winking at the camera with my helmet on in the pit lane...LOL!  Saw myself while I was eating at Parts Unlimited.

For me...

I believe that I need one, or more, new coils.  Still beat Schwantz....
Super Dave

spyderchick

QuoteStill beat Schwantz....

How cool is it to be able to say that?
 ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Dawn

QuoteHow cool is it to be able to say that?
 ;D

It would have been even cooler (is that a word ?) if he was beaten while he was still running on the track.  Crashing sucks.

It's like Paul beating Ed when he has a mechanical, it's just not the same.

;)

DanO966

QuoteFor me...

I believe that I need one, or more, new coils.  

Dave you know, there is a recall on the coils...
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Thorny

Dawn, when is the last time Paul raced?

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.redflagfund.org

Dawn

Paul hasn't raced since last year.  Although he's talking about Autobahn (not likely) or Blackhawk in July.  After racing for the past four years, I think he needed a little break.  Plus, we've been doing a LOT of stuff around the house that seemed to get pushed to the side over the past few years.  If he has the bug to get on a bike and scare himself, he grabs the 450 and bombs around the MX track that he built.

Dawn    :)

Alexa:  I like your answer, but my pocket book says otherwise.    ;)