News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

straightening brake rotors?

Started by cshaffer66, June 02, 2005, 07:56:23 PM

andy342

Is .004" runout good enough?  Mine were pretty bad to start with (visible bends) but I can't seem to get them any better.

ducatichris

Just send them to Ron He will take care if any problem.

Tpically better (More Straight) then the stuff that comes from the factories!!!

www.framestraightsystem.com

He supports the sport!

Great guy too.

my .02

CK

cshaffer66

Just to give an update to this post, I did sent out my rotors and a front wheel to Extreme Cycle in Kansas.  Brian Lewis is the owner and he did a great job for a price that was awesome.  His number is 785-234-5007.  He did great work and is very friendly.  He even had one of his sponsored racers, Rich Wu, deliever them to me at Gingerman so I would not have to pay shipping.  
Team Squid Racing

stk0308

QuoteJust to give an update to this post, I did sent out my rotors and a front wheel to Extreme Cycle in Kansas.  Brian Lewis is the owner and he did a great job for a price that was awesome.  His number is 785-234-5007.  He did great work and is very friendly.  He even had one of his sponsored racers, Rich Wu, deliever them to me at Gingerman so I would not have to pay shipping.  
What did you pay per rotor?  How bad were they before?  Did you measure with a runout gauge before and after?  Just asking, I've got 2-3 sets of Triumph and one EBC set that could use fixing.  Tired of paying 150 a rotor just to warp them again in 30-35k miles.
Steven

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

Rich

He usually does them for under $45 a rotor, depending on how bad they are.  If you fax or email a copy of your race license, they are a little cheaper.

Typically speaking they end up under 3/1000th total runnout. I can tell you that you won't be able to feel any discrepancies.  If he doesn't feel that they are perfect, they get returned w/ no charge.  

And yes......I do deliver for Extreme Cycle to any GP events.... ;D

QuoteWhat did you pay per rotor?  How bad were they before?  Did you measure with a runout gauge before and after?  Just asking, I've got 2-3 sets of Triumph and one EBC set that could use fixing.  Tired of paying 150 a rotor just to warp them again in 30-35k miles.
Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing