News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

RACERS promote MON. SR days!!!

Started by am125ike, November 26, 2002, 04:24:08 PM

am125ike

risk being ticketed by racing across midwest on their numbered sportbikes passing out pamphlets, leaflets, cards, and even handwriting the monday date and inviting street riders to enjoy a full three day weekend at the track, two days to see how it's done, and the third day, your chance to go and give it what you got.

you know, the ones that come out on the pruposed thurs. wont be staying to race on saturday, and the track is open on friday, why not just come then ??? (for the ccs day)

did anyone mention that ccs has to pay for the help that will be out on sat, sun, and monday,
or thurs, sat and sunday..... add up another day to make it wed, thru sunday.....without activity on friday for bhf day, it only makes sense to TAKE thurs when monday fails...... even if you dont advertise it....

racers could help tho, we should promote their monday so we can have our thursday....
and the petition, and the regional rep thing on the other page also has my vote......

disregaurd the doffy thing  for now ::)

OmniGLH

Well but keep in mind that just as the VRS dates traditionally have the Thursday prior to a race weekend... the Breuer Advanced school has the Mondays following.  So they're bound to get opposition from Breuer's camp if we push for Mondays instead...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

Rick Brewer's program from Monday is the one that is being moved to Thursday.  

What I don't get is the offer I received to do it.  Is it more back stabbing?  Regardless, the expectations of what would happen during a CCS ran school doesn't excite me.

The staffing thing is weird.  The staff shows up on Friday evening during the 2002 season, and then they stay until their job is done on Monday, or Sunday, depending upon their job.

With the proposed format, some of the staff would now need to show up Wednesday evening, do the Thursday program, sit around on Friday, then wait until Sunday.  Three days of work streched into four!  Almost like a government job... ;DLOL!
Super Dave

Jeff

lol, but it makes so much more sense to do it that way Dave!  Kinda like a few contingency programs! Spend tons, make little  :o

What I don't get is why everybody "can't just get along"!  It's not like you've taken the track *every single* Thurs before a CCS event!
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Dave_Alexander

Please qualify such proposals to indicate which region you're wanting to change.  Here in the SW region the SR days are all on Friday.  That's the way it should be.  None of the tracks here do their own track day on Friday so this gives the racers an extra day to test and tune before the weekend.  I'd hate to see you guys lobby for sweeping changes that affect regions fow which you have no interest.  Monday SR days would be absolutely worthless to me.  In fact, I wonder how many racers at all would stick around for a Manday track day following a weekend of racing and around here about half the SR day attendees are racers so they'd be losing business going that way.

Super Dave

This is something unique to Blackhawk Farms Raceway.  They always offer a practice day on the Friday before every racing event, CCS/SCCA/etc.
Super Dave

tzracer

QuoteRick Brewer's program from Monday is the one that is being moved to Thursday.  

What I don't get is the offer I received to do it.  Is it more back stabbing?  Regardless, the expectations of what would happen during a CCS ran school doesn't excite me.

I would not call the Monday program, LCR's program. It was offered to Rick, but somehow Bill F. became involved. We (LCR) gave a safety/basic track riding talk at the start of the day. Bill then spent the rest of the day with the SR people. LCR spent the rest of the day with riders that signed up for the LCR advanced school. The only LCR part of the day is the advanced school.

I think the reason CCS has offered the school to you Dave is to gain access to Thursday.

Brian McLaughlin  #63
LCR instructor
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

Super Dave

After all the excitement...

Kevin Elliott and I are discussing things.  I hope to know more later.  
Super Dave

am125ike

QuoteAfter all the excitement...

Kevin Elliott and I are discussing things.  I hope to know more later.  

you will update when able? or am i late on that too??

Super Dave

No, it is still a work in progress.  I've got things to do!  I want this taken care of!
Super Dave

Super Dave

It appears that we're going to be able to have our Visionsports' program during the CCS Sport Rider Program on all the Thursdays prior to CCS events at Blackhawk Farms.

My website is not updated, but it will be soon.  I need to work out the pricing.  There will be a savings from the previous years because of the reductions into overall costs related to insurance, track rental, etc.  

I am hoping that this will allow VRS to focus a bit more on what we've been doing for the past several years.

My thanks go out to Kevin Elliott at CCS, and to all of you that wanted us to keep the Visonsports' program going.
Super Dave

Admin

Glad to hear things worked out for you Dave.

Super Dave

Oh, it was fun.  I can breath now.  Kind of screwed a lot of things up though.... ::)
Super Dave