News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

May not be able to do Daytona

Started by RickyRacer, February 24, 2002, 09:37:40 AM

RickyRacer

I have already sent in my Daytona pre entry cus my mechanic told me that my bike would be ready. But I have a bad feeling that it won't.  I plan on doing as many CCS dates that my bike lets me do.

So what are my options if any regarding my money. Can it be defered to the October Daytona date?  

Going after my mech is not an option.  Long story
"HEY!, quit being a hog and pass the racepipe"
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

FullMoonRacing

QuoteI have already sent in my Daytona pre entry cus my mechanic told me that my bike would be ready. But I have a bad feeling that it won't.  I plan on doing as many CCS dates that my bike lets me do.

So what are my options if any regarding my money. Can it be defered to the October Daytona date?  

Going after my mech is not an option.  Long story
The day you get your money back, call me.  I want you to buy a lottery ticket for me! ;D

Papa_Thiam

The Daytona mailer specifically mentioned no refunds because apparently their deal with Daytona is different than with with other tracks.

By the way, who else is going?

RickyRacer

YAHHOOO!!

I got a call from MCP tonight. All the parts are in and the bike will be ready for Daytona. I may miss part of Thursday's practice but I should be able to get in some racing...   ;D I feel those butterflies coming back.
SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI

RickyRacer

EX/AM LW Supersport, two waves race. 3/1/02

Temps were in the upper 60's and the skies were overcast. This met that my tires would take a lot longer to warm up than I'm used to.  I still had no clue how to approach turn 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6.  And getting on those high banks was very freaky. I needed more track time before I felt even a little confidant.

I was grided toward the inside of row three. The start was classic "RickyRacer" and I jumped right into third place going into turn 1.   Coming out of turn 1, I almost high-sided.  :o  For some reason my tires kept sliding in the infield. I never even came close to getting a puck down.  And after having the bike do one wild-ass fishtail maneuver coming out of turn 1, I decided to just cruise around and try to learn the track a little better.  I concentrated on the part of the track where I felt I had good traction, "The Chicane".

Well, to my pleasant surprise, I finished 6th out of a field of 15 and my best lap time was 2:27:39.  :o  yep, pretty crappy.  I could have gotten some wood but I missed a few too many shifts and that cost me.  For just cruising around, that's not too bad.  :)

EX/AM LW Superbike two wave race. 3/2/02

During the worm-up lap, I felt a big improvement in grip. I was grided on the inside of row three.  The field contained 21 AM racers.  Definitely the biggest group I have ever raced in.  
The start went well but this time I only made it to fifth by turn one. Going into the West Horseshoe, two riders went pass me. By the time we get to the chicane, I was able to catch up and keep them with in sight. But I blew the International Horseshoe and Terry (66x) went by me. I was able to stay with him till we came back to this spot again. Here, Terry and two other riders screw each other up and all go wide. I stayed to the inside got passed them all. Thank you!!  :D  

Lap 3, we come onto expert riders. Going into the chicane, an expert racer block my entrance going in and ruins my drive out. But I managed to get pass him and chase the three racers that got passed.

Lap 4, going into the West Horseshoe we come across lap traffic. One of the lead riders runs right off the track. The other two must have watching him and slowed up cus I got passed them on the out side.  Terry came up beside me trying to out break me going into the chicane.  So I got off the breaks early and dove in over the rumble strip. In the excitement, I made a big mistake and short shifted to fourth gear on the banking.

That was it, I knew Terry would be coming by now. Sure enough, as soon as I shift to fifth, he came by on the outside. I tuck in behind him and into the draft. He continued to pull a little bit but soon I started to makeup some ground. I was not able to stay in his draft and he pulls away some more before the finish line. He beat me by about three bike lengths.  So 7th out of 21. :o Man was that fun!!! :D

Oh, I got my lap times down to 2:21.

I am now looking forward to coming back to Daytona in October. Baring mechanical failure, injury, illness or death, you can bet I'll be returning home with some wood next time around. ;)

SpringsRacing
DUCATI MIAMI