Jeff

Is there any update on Vincent?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

spyderchick

This is the last update from the M4 EMGO Suzuki website:

Haskovec suffered a broken collarbone, broken ribs, a punctured lung and a shattered T6 vertebra, with paralysis below the chest.

On Monday night, May 16, surgeons inserted hardware designed to stabilize the broken section of his spine, and removed bone fragments from his spinal cord. Haskovec is now recovering at a rehabilitation facility and his long-term prognosis is unknown.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

251am

The auction at www.rpmcolorado.com seems to be down? Anyone else having trouble getting in?

251am

QuoteThe auction at www.rpmcolorado.com seems to be down? Anyone else having trouble getting in?

OK, the link to the fund raising auction is operational again, at the above address. I'm sure the Wegman fund site is still accepting donations to help with Vincent's bills. If I read correctly, Vincent has a partially severed spinal cord and the donations would be greatly appreciated to help defer overwhelming hospital bills.

Could we sticky this again, but leave it stickied until the rpmcolorado auction is over in mid August? It seems a little odd that this site will not leave up an announcement to help raise money for a fallen racer, and the Wegman fund? Are these stickies automatically retracted/removed after a certain time period?  

Dawn

It's stuck on top again for a while....

The problem with having things stickyied for a long period of time is after a while, people simply stop reading them.  When I see that the view count is no longer moving.  I take it down again.

Posts bringing it back to the front page or even starting a new thread is much more effective in this situation.

Dawn   ;)

251am

Gotchya, thanks again, and I'm sure Mr. Haskovec thanks you too... ;D

Bad_Matt

I have waited for a bit of time to post anything.  It is a pretty tough situation.  I have been up to see Vincent a couple of time this month.  I hardly recognized him when I walked in the door.  He has decided to grow a beard.  He says he won't shave it off until he can walk again.  I joked with him and said "don't let it get to long...you might trip over it".  When he grinned I reconized him again.

He told me he is suprised at how many people are out there wishing him well.  He was very touched by the photo of the GP riders that all signed it for him.  He has a Pirrelli banner hanging on the wall in his room.  There are hundreds of signatures on it.  The outpouring of support has been wonderful.  

Keep sending the well wishes.  They are helping.

Bad_Matt

I have waited for a bit of time to post anything.  It is a pretty tough situation.  I have been up to see Vincent a couple of time this month.  I hardly recognized him when I walked in the door.  He has decided to grow a beard.  He says he won't shave it off until he can walk again.  I joked with him and said "don't let it get to long...you might trip over it".  When he grinned I reconized him again.

He told me he is suprised at how many people are out there wishing him well.  He was very touched by the photo of the GP riders that all signed it for him.  He has a Pirrelli banner hanging on the wall in his room.  There are hundreds of signatures on it.  The outpouring of support has been wonderful.  

Keep sending the well wishes.  They are helping.

mike_rbm

Photo_Chick

You were pitted across from me at Road Atlanta. Hope the weekend was profitable for you!  Enjoyed our late night discussions.  You do a good thing!