News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What good is a SportRider Day before a CCS weekend

Started by bweber, November 26, 2002, 08:04:08 AM

Dawn

QuoteProposal:  Let Dave and VRS keep their 4 Thursday dates.  CCS can have the 2 other Thursday BHF dates and the 6-8 dates at the other tracks.

One final question:  By moving the Track Day from Monday to Thursday, do you think that CCS will gain increased attendance from the new riders that they are trying to attract?  Or, will the attendance just increase from the regular racers?

Bill:

I agree with you - CCS let Dave have his four dates and you can have the rest.   >:(

Moving the track day from Monday to Thursday - in my opinion - you may get a few racers to attend, but if any are like our household, we will save our money on only go on the Friday practice day.

Dawn  

harb990

I have to agree with Dawn on this - I think most racers will use thursday afternoon/evening to travel, practice on friday, race Saturday & Sunday.  The only way I would travel early to ride on Thursday is if I was making a special trip up (like taking a class), I wouldnt burn an extra vacation day just on a sport-rider track day.

the_weggie_man

Promotion is the key word here.  How much promotion did anyone hear at BFR last year about the track days on Monday.

Promote the CCS events, races and track days, get the street riders to the track to watch the races. Then promote the hell out of the track day over the weekend to the spectators. Just maybe the street riders will come back Monday to ride.

The idea of trying to get them to the track on Thursday before the races certainly lacks sense. Or maybe CCS thinks these guys will run home Thursday night, buy all new gear, set up their bikes and come back Friday for practice, then the weekend for the school and races and CCS will collect for three days off these guys. Oops, only two days because Friday is only for licensed racers. Damn, they'll have to change that to capitalize on the market.

I know it's near Christmas and all but what wonderland does CCS live in?

Dawn

QuoteI know it's near Christmas and all but what wonderland does CCS live in?

LOL !!!

My professional side is telling me that I shouldn't make a comment, but my human side is saying.  Darn - that was funny!

<singing> we're walking in a winter wonderland <singing>

Dawn   ;)

KBOlsen

I'm gonna stir the pot a little bit more...

Isn't Learning Curves' advanced clinic also held in conjunction with the Sport Rider Days events?

I'm sorry.  This is just icky.  Ickier?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuotePromotion is the key word here.  How much promotion did anyone hear at BFR last year about the track days on Monday.

Promote the CCS events, races and track days, get the street riders to the track to watch the races. Then promote the hell out of the track day over the weekend to the spectators. Just maybe the street riders will come back Monday to ride.

The idea of trying to get them to the track on  

Big problem with the cities around BHF's is most the street sportbike riders here are only into stunting. They wont go to trackdays since they deemed it "too dangerous" for them ::) . Thats what I see here since I'm just 20 mins. north of BHF.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

KBOlsen

On the other hand, Rob, how many folks did we get turned on to NESBA from CLSB, who are planning on going racing next season?
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Woofentino Pugrossi

Yeah Kim, but thats Chicago riders. About 90% of the Rockford/Janesville/Madison riders are only interested in posing and stunting. I've tried to get some of them out there. Kept getting "Naw, cant afford it", "Too dangerous. I dont want to crash my bike doing that", "I dont want to prep my bike for that" and many other excuses. I think the real reason they dont want to is they are scared they might find out how bad they actually do suck at riding. Hell, I've been on small rides with them and they FLY down straights only to go slow enough in corners that full dress baggers outcorner them.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

the_weggie_man

You have heard the term "pin heads"? They are called that because they can only ride straight as a pin.  "Oh my G-d, I have to turn? They didn't teach me that in stunt school!"

Super Dave

Ok, I guess my program is a bit different.  It's probably hard for me and those that have been to it to completely make anyone understand.  

We bust our behinds to try to do anything to make this riding thing a bit less mystical.  And that's pretty much the same for a guys on a Bennelli 650 to a GSXR1000.  To put together my California connection for you California guys, Bob Karol, the senior AFM instructor, is my mentor for the physics for the bike and riding.  We pound each other with ideas and all.  Bob was the first American to Road Race in Europe, but he also has a teaching degreee in engineering, worked for NASA, etc.

Anyway, I get the gift of gab, so the people I have worked for tell me.  I can explain the same concept three ways.  Get the idea into someones head.

I can teach a "safety school" for CCS.  Did it for a while.  But, I'm working with customers that I look at as friends.  Their personal victory is mine.  Basically, I've sacrificed how well I do in my racing so that I am available for my students whims.

And what if you had that ability to connect with your instructor as a street rider?

Hey, the Visionsports' program was an idea.  I thought it would be cool to develop so that riders didn't have to go through what I did.  Maybe my kids would do the instructing some day.  Nice thought....
Super Dave