In VRS/CCS news...

Started by Super Dave, November 25, 2002, 02:37:04 PM

Super Dave

Visionsports Riding Schools has traditionally operated on the Thursday prior to CCS racing at Blackhawk Farms Raceway for four years, offering the opportunity for new riders, current racers, and sport riders to work on their skills.  

I scheduled my dates with Blackhawk recently and had good reason to believe that my dates were solid.  I have a message that I receive from Blackhawk Farms that CCS has now asked for their "Sport Rider Day" to be on Thursday prior to CCS racing.  

Information was relayed to me from one of the tire vendors in late August that CCS thought that Thursday would help build their poor attendance of their "Sport Rider Day."

Hmmm....

Uh, maybe we have a nice program, Bill and Kevin.  Thanks for your input.
Super Dave

sdiver68

So, operate your school on Friday and then Thursdays won't be attended hardly at all! ;D  And that's one less day I have to take off work! ;D
MCRA Race School Instructor

Super Dave

Can't do that.

Blackhawk Farms operates its practice on Friday.  Needless to say, I'm pretty unimpressed with CCS right now.  BFR at this point too.

You do things with a reason to believe that people will do as they say...

For those of you that have attended on of my schools, and usually return for more help, it might be in our interest to tell CCS to back off our opportunity to get better.

Especially since CCS has cut our practice time down in the interest in getting out earlier.
Super Dave

Dawn

Boy Dave...

That sucks the big one.....   :-[

Bill asked me to attend one of his sport rider days, but I didn't.  It is not because it was on a Monday, it was because it didn't interest me and it wouldn't interest Paul either.  

Paul will be attending your school because you will be able to teach him and help him increase his skills on the race track.  That is what he is looking for.  

If all else fails, perhaps have your school on Monday.  We will stay the extra day.

Dawn  

Super Dave

Monday's are bad for me for two reasons.

One, we set up riders for the race weekend.  Two, it's just a bad day for me.

I have had plenty of feedback that was similar to what you said about their track day.  And that's what it is, a track day.  You can do NESBA or Midwest Rider and get that.  What's CCS going to offer that's different than that?

I'm pretty angry right now, for many reasons.  I really take a lot of time to defend CCS.  However, I don't have anything to defend for them here.  I find it a bit concerning.  Additionally, for Blackhawk to give me the dates, then notify me afterwards.

But, regardless, I know that Bill F was trying to arrange this for 2003.  We could call it a business decision.  But if it affects the riders that I help, which is a good number...  Then I find it more troubling.

The Sport Rider Day is meant for non racers, primarily.  Some racers, I'm sure.  But that's why Blackhawk has it's practice day.
Super Dave

roadrashroeser

So what is the plan of action to stop this silly sportrider crap. You would think ccs would want us(the racers) to sharpen our skills so our racing would be cleaner and less crashes which makes watching and running a race event faster and more fun? CCS  must be drinking the funny water the AMA Pro racing staff is drinking. ???
Mike Roeser

Super Dave

I'll let you say it.  Tell CCS.

I have like $5.  CCE has quite a bit more.  So, the big guys win?  I tried to contact Kevin Elliott on several occasions about doing something together, but I received no response.

I originally started teaching with CCS in 1993 under Roder Edmonson.  So, I have always tried to work with the organization.

In 1999, I formed my own independant school so that I could have more time and opportunity to try to help riders.  At the end of 2000, Learning Curves negotiated a program that bumped me out of the CCS school programs that I was working in.  I was not given any opportunity to offer a program, etc.  Since that time, I have only done my schools at my program dates, and for those that wish for independant work on their dates.
Super Dave

KBOlsen

Here's a suggestion... Have Sport Rider Days on Wednesday - it's a lot more valuable from a racer's perspective than the "Monday after".
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

roadrashroeser

Well then everyone who has taken a VRS day needs to email Kevin Elliott and let him know he is acting like a damn fool. This is club racing and us slow guys need thursday for the "get fast school" aka VRS.I think there are enough people who respect Super Dave to make an arguement so as not to take Super Daves school dates away. And I will send Kevin the first one. If you help out do not act like an A** hole be cool and let him know why you want to help keep VRS schools at blackhawk on Thursday.
Mike Roeser

slclark65

Hey Dave,

They have a habit of screwing people that are dedicated to them.  I am living proof.  It seems the more your dedicated the more they screw you.  But it will all work out in the end.  Hope it does for you too.  Miss seeing you at the races.  But you know I never got to come up there.  I guess i didn't kiss enough ass.  Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Stacey

Super Dave

Admittedly, I'm a bit angry.  I don't admit to knowing thw whole story.  But I've been doing these days for a good while.  So, I have that to stand on.  If I have my school on Wednesdays, now riders will have to take off a day that they wouldn't need to.

I will call BFR tomorrow.  I'm sure the answer I will get will be that CCS scheduled it this way before I did, even though I've been putting on VRS dates on Thursdays for quite some time.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Hey, Stacy...

What's new?  Didn't see your post.  You just lurking around on the board?  LOL!

Uh, racing never changes?  I think we can come up with too many examples.

Good to hear from you Stacy.  What are you doing for real?
Super Dave