In VRS/CCS news...

Started by Super Dave, November 25, 2002, 02:37:04 PM

SliderPhoto

QuoteI never said there were not issues, as a matter of fact I agreed. Hell I've got issues with my own little business, I just know I take care of the guy that is sensible not the screaming lunatic.  ;D

That's fine Pete. But if you had a problem with a business, say for example a Penske group buy, we wouldn't tell you,
Quote...so give this thing a break.

Kapisch?

sportbikepete

;D Good god man are you an elephant? Hey who had an issue with Penske? There was another issue and you saw how poorly both sides, one being me, handled it and it cost both parties involved. Instead of it being dealt with in a rational manner it got down right ugly and made those involved look like idiots to their customers and potential customers. Thank you for giving a perfect example of why you should do things in a business like manner.

SliderPhoto

Yeah, I thought you'd get my point.  ;D

Sorry about that....

sportbikepete

For your post as an example, I wish someone had told the parties involved to give it a break.

Dawn

Hey Dave....

Worst case senerio.....

Have your class on Wednesday - we'll sit around on Thursday and just have a good time - Friday we will practice what you taught - Saturday and Sunday we will put it to good use.

Dawn   :)

P.S.  Fortunately the towns are close by for any beer runs that may be necessary   ;)

am125ike

QuoteThat's fine Pete. But if you had a problem with a business, say for example a Penske group buy, we wouldn't tell you,

Kapisch?

GOOD job,  "Slider" ???

Dawn

QuoteGOOD job,  "Slider" ???

Ike:

You are still around!!!

Were you on vacation or just 'lurking' on the BBS.  We were worried about you.

Dawn   ;)

spyderchick

sportbikepete says:
QuoteHowever I get sick of people stating that CCS only cares about money, did I miss something in their book that said they were non profit. Clear channel is not in business for racers, they are in business for themselves as is EVERY OTHER for profit business,
and then says:
QuoteDave it is unfortunate that this happened to you and hopefully you will find a way to continue to provide what seems to be from the responses a beneficial service.

Dave is business as well, and his business beneifts racers. Thus it benefits CCS. CCS and Dave can BOTH profit from a mutual schedule resolution.

soapbox anyone?
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Dawn

Quotesoapbox anyone?

Thanks for the offer.... but I took my turn earlier.   ;)

Funny though.  No responses from CCS   ???

Dawn   :)

the_weggie_man

OK, I'll give this my little opinion here. CCS is a much bigger company than VRS. Blackhawk Farms has a rate schedule based on how big of a company you are. Individuals are on the bottom, small companies like dealers and such are next, schools probably are next, racing organizations come in around here, manufacturers come in pretty high up.  CCS being with Clear Channel most likely pay top dollar.

I would say BFR is making a lot more money from renting the track to CCS than VRS.  It's the same old story, just like the whole Moto GP thing here in the states. MONEY!!

I do think they should have given VRS an option since they already had the dates, although it sounds like there wasn't a contract signed yet for 2003.

The move by both CCS and BFR sucks just by them not talking with Dave. It was a stab in the back from my understanding. They gave away his dates without ever consulting with him. That's bullsh-t.

am125ike

>:(
DANG !!! ccs, bhf  (and pete)

Dave, I'm with you, WAS and still AM looking forward to some ADVANCED skills training with you!

I told you that when i was able to afford it, i'd be there.

Thing is, for me, 'affording it' weighed heavily on being able to get away from "life" that EXTRA day.

so now ccs helps bhf break a contract (pete) with VRS (after going over and over it all summer)???, pIsSeS me off to hear any type of squeeze! (tho business is business) the racers suffer, along with Super_Dave. but (guarantee) bhf gets more money, and ccs gets an estimated..... (yeah theyve got it worked out, they've been getting inquires, trust it)
  pete, you should take care of all your customers the same (no matter if the one was more offended, and yelled louder (it must've meant more, or they may need expression classes, whatever.)

anyway,
im another who scratched thursday out for VRS,
for MY personal convienence...... but....that profit word......

and my suggestion is........ drum roll.....

1, keep VRS thursday
2, give sr to wednesday

reasons.....

sr days are for mostly newbies to the track. they should not inconvienence us, we've been paying and its better for us to have the track days in succession to optimize our training, rather than trying to get to the track on a wednesday and have a layover day on thursday. were trying to get it rite on the track, like NOW!, we are not wanting to be faced with (possibly) driving in wednesday, out wednesday evening, back for friday practice or saturday races.

unless Super_Dave could operate friday

otherwise, pete, im sorry but it just SUCKS!!!

sportbikepete

Whoa there Doofy, I agreed that it sucks this is happening to Dave so slow down there partner. And yes all customers SHOULD get the same treatment but do you go out of your way to help those that just slam you and yell all the time? When you are offered special treatment at your local dealer do you turn it away becasue it is not fair to the other guy? I am giving advise on how to work with the system to get what you want or at least be heard. And I did not read anywhere about a signed contract or deposits on track time. If there is a signed contract and or a deposit then Dave no matter what should have the dates. However if there is no contract or deposit then it is unfortuntate for him that business is business. Let's take for example guy says to you "I am buying your bike, I'll be back in a week with the payment" is this a done deal? Or is the deal done when "I am buying your bike here is deposit or payment for it." Again Dave sorry you get the pipe on this.