News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

In VRS/CCS news...

Started by Super Dave, November 25, 2002, 02:37:04 PM

slclark65

Still living in Texas and working back in the medical field.  But have some leads on some other jobs.  It pays the bills for right now.  Making  a move to another city outside of Fort Worth.  Closer to work.  I am always lurking on here seeing what is happening.  I guess things without haven't gotten much better.  Oh well.  But I am going back to work with WERA here in Texas.  I don't think i'll ever get away from roadracing completely.  But I am staying busy working MX races here.  To me, bikes are bikes and races are races.  So I am keeping up with my scoring abilities.  And I don't mean with the riders..........lol.......

Super Dave

LOL, scoring abilities!  

Yeah, it does get in your blood.  When you've been around it long enough, it's funny how much cross over there is.
Super Dave

slclark65

MX is alot easier.  I do it with my eyes clothes.......lol.........If they could only keep the bikes clean.  25 bikes compared to 80 is a peice of cake.  So it is keeping my skills up for WERA next year.  Come down and do a race with them at Hallet sometime.  I'd love to see you.  It was great when they raced TWS this year.  Got to see a bunch of guys from the MW and MA Regions.  It was good to know that I may be gone but never forgotten.

merge

Hey Dave I would say that CCS can take Wed. and u have  thurs. or else take the School to a different track. Or even maybe CRA.  I know some people that would leave. Just my thought.

Super Dave

I am always interested in other opportunities.  

Tom Mason has tried, along with Glen Christiansen, to get us to work something in at Brainerd.  The board is a bit  "tight" up there, so we have never gotten anything done.

The distance for me an my staff to cover would be big too.  I would look at other tracks where I can properly staff a school first.  But I am alway open to doing something at Brainerd.

We've been doing work with Blackhawk Farms for a good while.  It is a good fit.  I want to continue that relationship.  I am just disappointed in the players in this mess.
Super Dave

roadrashroeser

Road America I am slow at that track too!! Lets go there SD.
Mike Roeser

Super Dave

$12 grand a day.  And what do you really learn there?  Would be fun, but doesn't really serve the purpose....
Super Dave

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

nfcracin

that sucks >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Every one should e-mail kevin
and ask that the CCS not to take thursday

I just did

GOOD LUCK SUPER DAVE

mykelkc

Hey Super,

hmm....I see the challenge, however unfortunate this is,  the VRS program, which I participated in last year  and was looking forward to this upcoming year, is scheduled on primetime track access  and CCS controls the Weekend schedule, track and expansion. they're the 'heavy-hitter'.  

BUT there is an opportunity for compromise, isnt there?

Perhaps,  you could run the VRS program concurrent to this CCS "Sport Rider (track) Day?" I am a bit ignorant to the desired objective or outlay fo the CCS program, but if their objective for the SR Day is fill the grid- simply scheduling thurs. prior to a raceday will certainly do that- not with street riders, but racers I predict, at least 80/20.

If there isnt conflict, simply having additional riders on the track, albeit non-racers, during the VRS program may be considered a hinderance at first, but later might be good for all- including future Super Dave'rs who might be sold on the program....From CCS' perspective, they should be happy with the success, marketing value and possible future CCS riders.... You guys have such a co-dependancy, really it seems this should or could work out for both CCS/VRS.

No matter what, Thurs. is critical for the racers, participants to VRS  and we should voice our concern to CCS/ Kevin straightaway. However, in doing so, I felt we should also postulate a compromise, or happy medium.Dave, what could be presented as an alternative solution, IF simply maintaining the existing schedule-VRS on Thurs. SR Day on Mon.,  is not an option?

Surely, as a collective group, we can tell CCS we are mad, but it is better if we tell em what we want or better NEED!

If CCS is simply looking for 'success:assuming measured by # of participants', and you simply ask that your program is scheduled on Thurs.the day prior to the BHF sanctioned practice for racers of CCS events, why can there not be compromise where there is no perceived conflict?

Your compromise; shared track_space, time
CCS compromise; the same
BOTH benefit each other, e.g. costs could be reduced, among other benefits.

Yes, its true, there are perceived drawbacks to this proposal as well-

a crowded track and all levels of riders, including non-racers participating while racers, possibly VRS students, prepare for an event.

Certainly these changes are a drag, but we must realize there isnt much we can do about it. However,it seems  proper organization could resolve most of the 'undesired, ill' effects- a combined event would present. Although it is not what VRS (WE!) had in the past,  clearly from what CCS has already presented, things change.

If CCS is willing, or able to work with you/VRS, allowing for your program to be run in parallel, concurrent- same days, same track (possibly sessions allocated or something) could you or would you consider?  

I mean WHO CARES who we pay our track fee to, right? We could easily   identify the VRS / Super fees separately as your standard registration, minus the fee paid to CCS for the track, medical, insurance. They are clearly not in competition with your program and VRS does not make any profit from the track rental itself ( sometimes I presume it could be a liability, low # of students in classes)

Sorry for the rant Super;(everyone)

I only hope something can be done so we truly do not lose the VRS program,  practice AND track time @ BHF prior to future CCS events held at the track - hey  some of us need more practice than others! Certainly there is still enough time to come up with an amicable solution, I know I marked my calendar for VRS dates, I hope they stick, I need the practice ;-)  

michael casey

Super Dave

You have some valid questions and thoughts.  

I have sent a few e-mails about doing some kind of cooperation with CCS in some kind of format, but those e-mails have gone ignored, while others I have sent to CCS have been responded to.

CCS is obligated to Learning Curves;  they made those decisions in CCS's interests a couple of years ago.

As for running with the "Sport Rider Day", I don't see it as a benefit.  Because Visionsports was able to control what happened on our day, we could make the format work to our advantage.  If I need to go out and help some one NOW, I can do it.  We have the complete ability to control how and what we do.  I can have a "start" practice, what ever.

If we limit it to racers, then my non racing riders suffer.  I do quite a bit of work in the vintage field too.  Often times, I am the only one that can help anyone that wants to get involved in vintage racing, because I have an understanding about those bikes from my experiences.  So, all those riders might just go away.

I guess I do feel singled out a bit as Blackhawk Farms already offers practice on Friday.  The Sport Rider Day seems pretty redundant to me.
Super Dave

sdiver68

Well, since CCS seems pretty committed to Gateway, have you tried there?

In addition or before calling the track, you may want to contact Contact Neville McNaughton from midwestrider.com, at (314) 664-4397, he's been running the Friday Midwestrider.com track days and knows the folks at Gateway pretty well.
MCRA Race School Instructor