News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

My perfect corner

Started by roadracer162, May 18, 2005, 01:45:44 PM

L8brake731

Hey Dave:

You won a couple races on a "old 125 GP" bike?
Heck that's where this has all started with you isn't it? No wonder you can ride the wheels off your bikes ;).
Talk about making sure you hone your skills! A 125 GP bike is the perfect tool in my opinion. Make mistakes and the times will punish you. Do it right and it's like a symphony!

Those of you who haven't swung a leg over a 125 or even a 250 GP bike, try it some time if you have the oppurtunity. Careful :o, it's like CRACK......

I think I have a T-Shirt with a guy named Dave on it... ;D
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Super Dave

Didn't start on 125's.  First bike ever for me was a GSXR750.  Second bike I raced was a GSXR1100 Superbike in endurance races.  Then an RZ350.  TZ250 later.  RS125 after my "first" AMA career.
Super Dave

Gino230

Interesting how you guys are so prescise with your lines. I'm getting pretty good at controllng the bike.....i.e. turning in fast, hard braking / trail braking, getting to max lean angle at the apex, and getting good drives.

The problem I have is I'm not prescise with my lines. Not enough reference points, really. That's why it takes me forever to learn new tracks.

It's kind of like being able to paint a pretty good picture, but it is crooked on the canvas.

At least I know what I have to work on, right?

Good tips, all.
CCS / ASRA EX # 23
2012 Ducati 848 / 1100 Conversion     2005 Ducati 749RS
2006 CCS Florida Thunderbike Champion (AM)
2008 CCS LW Supersport National Champion (EX) 2nd in 2011 and now  2012....damn you Mavros!

Ducmarc

but marc what is the perfect corner or you can say favorite corner mine turn 1 at jennings or the chicaine at vir on the gas thrugh there i feel lke bayliss  the only problem is i've crashed a lot in turn 1  what kills me it takes all day to figure the track out and most of the race if i've never been their .john long is one of those guys that can make 3 laps and know how to go fast he's old now and dosen't take any chances but he still gets invited to race vintage bikes all over the world i think the last one was assen  he rode a thrimph triple  i do know somebody dragged him to daytona to ride a tz750 this year at ahrma which he one after a motor change I asked him about a corner one time and he said it was like the one at donnington of course i've never been there. maybe that corners match other corners and experiencing other tracks give someone an edge we have 3 tracks in fla and most guys probably haven't left the state

roadracer162

I don't believe that I can answer that question with any certainty. I don't have that much experience. One of these days I will achieve one of my goals to make it to the tracks within the US.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Ducmarc

what corner do you go in confident you can kick everybody's butt in?

Noidly1

Quote from: Super Dave on June 06, 2005, 04:23:03 AM
Didn't start on 125's.  First bike ever for me was a GSXR750.  Second bike I raced was a GSXR1100 Superbike in endurance races.  Then an RZ350.  TZ250 later.  RS125 after my "first" AMA career.

+1 RZ350's are a blast.. That's how I started.  :thumb:

Carry On...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

roadracer162

Quote from: Gino230 on July 03, 2009, 04:59:09 PM
Interesting how you guys are so prescise with your lines. I'm getting pretty good at controllng the bike.....i.e. turning in fast, hard braking / trail braking, getting to max lean angle at the apex, and getting good drives.

The problem I have is I'm not prescise with my lines. Not enough reference points, really. That's why it takes me forever to learn new tracks.

It's kind of like being able to paint a pretty good picture, but it is crooked on the canvas.

At least I know what I have to work on, right?

Good tips, all.

Gino,

I would have to say you are a darn good rider no matter what you may think.

When you speak of precise I would venture to say that you mean consistent. I have always strived to be consistent rather than the fastest being on the planet. I know that there are many that are faster than you and I but are not always consistent. I believe that I have won races on consistency and not the outright speed.

Keep working at your method and maybe even pick up a few tricks by listening and observing others.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.