It AMAZES me

Started by cbrf4_269, May 13, 2005, 05:59:10 AM

cbrf4_269

I have been riding for 11 year, racing for 7.  I have given up riding on the street for the last three to four years.  I am simply AMAZED when street riders complain about rising insurance costs and do something like insure their track bike.  WTF?  I don't know, that sounds like being a hypocrite to me.  

Maybe I should insure my race bike to help with the insurance costs!

EX#996

???

Rising insurance costs are more of a result of people like these....

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=3677

...  and sue happy people now days. IMHO.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

spyderchick

Saw that one, too. Idiot.

I once saw a guy get his eyesocket broken at a Tai Kwan Do tourny.  It ain't pretty. He turned in a back hook kick. Went down like a brick hit him.  :(
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tzracer

My street bike insurance has been dropping as my bike gets older. I pay less than $250 per year. My wife pays $85 per year. I don't bother getting collision insurance.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

extrakt0r

I pay $320.00 a Year for Full Coverage on my 2004 R1...

I have State Farm, I also have my 2 Cars and Renters Insurance thru them...
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Protein Filled

I think State Farm only insures sport bikes if you have other policies with them.

I tried to insure my racebikes for theft/liability but my current agent said that they would not insure them. I was able to get additional insurance on my trailer, but if the bikes get stolen, I am SOL.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

L8brake731

What does your trailer insurance policy read?

Does it also cover "loss of contents" (up to a certain $ amount)?

I say, use the tools you have to get what you need.

Time to store your bikes in the "trailer"
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

Protein Filled

It doesn't cover anything with a "title" or VIN numbers... It covers loss of contents like tools, spares, gear, etc, but the bikes are not covered.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

gsxr_rcr

look into your homeowners or renters insurance.  State farm to me that if my bike normally resides in my garage and it was stolen at the track or from my trailer.etc. they will pay for it.  I told them its a race bike and they said it didnt matter.

EX#996

Coverage is state specific....

Homeowner's insurance will cover our dirtbikes for theft while on our property, but if they're not, their not covered because they have motors and VIN's.  The contents in our trailer (leathers, tools, ect.) are covered though. There is no way to get coverage for the race bike.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

Did I ever mention that I carry $600,000 worth of titanium tools in a carbon fiber tool box?  Boy, I hope no one steals them....
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

spyderchick

QuoteDid I ever mention that I carry $600,000 worth of titanium tools in a carbon fiber tool box?  Boy, I hope no one steals them....

So that's why you can't afford to race, you're in hock to Snap On tools! ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".