Why does Clear Channel hate CCS?

Started by Racingxtc7, May 10, 2005, 06:28:01 AM

Racingxtc7

The best thing about racing is the fans! Maybe, roadracers have forgotten that? I miss hearing the roar of the crowd!!

Dawn

QuotePolitics suck!  :o
Can we get back to racing already!!!!!!!    8)

Thank you!   ;)

L8brake731

Doesn't CCE OWN those billboards and the real estate they sit on?

I know that some of the billboards out here in the west have their name at the bottom.

I don't think CCE hates CCS; CCS is just not the $$ mill that the other investments are.
S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

StumpysWife

My friend works in a completely different division of CCE and she told me, "CCS is the redheaded stepchild of CCE."  Take what you want from that.

Heather

L8brake731

S. Fukiage
CCS/ASRA  #731

EmerWil

QuoteMy friend works in a completely different division of CCE and she told me, "CCS is the redheaded stepchild of CCE."  Take what you want from that.

Heather

as I said....

Welcome Clear Channel Sports....

Super Dave

QuoteThe best thing about racing is the fans! Maybe, roadracers have forgotten that? I miss hearing the roar of the crowd!!

Which came first?

People that provide the entertainment...racers racing...

Or people watching...

Super Dave

Xian_13

This is strictly my opinion, so take it as such.

CCS has little to attract fans to the track.
While the racing maybe good... or great...
CCS doesn't present it.

Take Black Hawk Farms.
This track is very spectator unfriendly. Turn 3-4 is the only area where you can see a little bit more then one turn of action.
Even if you could see more, in road racing there is only a few tracks where you can see the whole track (Like Gingerman).

So even if you could see the whole track, all you have is the sight of events. There is no presentation of the race. An active announcer can make the race more spectator friendly.
When line of sight is limited, an announcer can fill in the voids. I know a gentleman that makes RC car races entertaining. Yeah he is corny and loud, but he makes it entertaining.
At BHFs, the best viewing area don't have speaker anywhere near them.

If we had announcers that where entertaining and offered info about more then just the race, maybe we would start to attract more spectators. For example, not only calling out the race leaders at each lap, they could call out positions for points leaders and bikes that are off coarse.
This of course would require effort on CCS's behalf and the racers to show up put on a show worth watching. Not to mention finding announcers that truly have a heart for their job.

Go to a circle track race, where you can see the whole track, motorcycle, car or what not.
They have a presentation... Not just random comments here and there.

Why would CCS want to do this?
Well they wouldn't. They are a racing league.
I agree spectators are needed to make this sport grow, but to even begin to make a dent would take a lot of work on everyones parts.

How many of the people reading this, actually make an effort to bring in new fans?

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

MZGirl

QuoteIf we had announcers that where entertaining and offered info about more then just the race, maybe we would start to attract more spectators. For example, not only calling out the race leaders at each lap, they could call out positions for points leaders and bikes that are off coarse.

Here in the SW we have one of those announcers that does that and more.  Our announcer is top notch, providing all of the important info, but still makes it entertaining.  It's not just some voice droning over the microphone listing the top five riders and the race calls.  So we have one of those exceptional announcers, but it's not enough to draw more spectators.

QuoteHow many of the people reading this, actually make an effort to bring in new fans?

Tried, but that $25/person gate fee stops them.  Especially at tracks where there's no place for them to sit or even see any of the action well (and under some shade).

Burt Munro

QuoteMy friend works in a completely different division of CCE and she told me, "CCS is the redheaded stepchild of CCE."  Take what you want from that.

Heather

OMG!  CCS is the Kevin Clark of CCE! :o
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteOMG!  CCS is the Kevin Clark of CCE! :o
WAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteIf we had announcers that where entertaining and offered info about more then just the race, maybe we would start to attract more spectators. For example, not only calling out the race leaders at each lap, they could call out positions for points leaders and bikes that are off coarse.

Griff (I think he goes by 'homewrecker' on here) sometimes is there announcing.

I do agree that BHF needs a better PA system.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod